Sharjah, the third largest city in the United Arab Emirates is the heart of the Arabic culture.
It is also called as the Cultural Capital of the United Arab Emirates. Sharjah has a lot to offer in terms of culture, heritage, architecture, adventures, tours and what not.
It is a perfect place for those people who love to travel and explore the world.
If you are planning a trip to Sharjah, here are the top five amazing destinations that definitely deserve to make a place in your list.
Thinking about budget? Search for The Entertainer promo codes and enjoy a pay less experience more policy. Now keep your budget behind cause these astounding destinations cover all the genres and would leave you mesmerized.
1. Sharjah Art Museum: Art lovers, this place is for you. This is simply a world in itself, full of creativity.
The Sharjah Art museum, opened in 1997 is one of the leading art museums in the Persian Gulf region and is a fine example of the most wonderful Arabic artworks.
It has seventy two galleries and boasts exhibits of the best Arabic painters. Not only Arabic artworks, it also has other amazing artworks which were done by painters in the 18th century who were inspired by Middle East culture.
One can visit this museum from Saturday to Thursday, 8 AM to 8 PM and 4 PM to 8 PM on Friday.
2. Khalid Lagoon: The world’s third largest fountain is one of the most peaceful places to visit.
The Khalid lagoon is an artificial lagoon which is spread over 1.72 million hectare square of water surface.
It has a fountain which throws up water as high as hundred of metres. This gives a sense of magical serenity. This place is also known to be one of the best places to visit at night. This place offers boating services, picnic spots and magic shows too. Sounds magical, isn’t it? Search for Klook coupon codes and quickly book tickets to Sharjah at amazing offers.
3. Al Qasba: This is basically a commercial place for fooding and entertainment.
So, if you are a foodie and want to have a nice dinner in Sharjah, this might be the best place for you.
So you can plan out an entire evening with your family to visit this place. This place hosts a lot of entertainment activities and is home to some of the finest theatres and restaurants in Sharjah.
The most famous attraction here is the “Eye of the Emirates” which is an adventurous wheel ride and gives a view of the entire city.
There are kid zones for your kids to enjoy themselves with exciting activities. This place is open from morning 10 AM to 12 AM in the winters whereas in summers it is open from 4 PM to 12 AM.
4. Shark Island: Love adventures? Or rather love snorkelling and water sports? If yes, then this place is for you. A little away from the east coast of Sharjah lies this lovely island that boasts colourful and beautiful aquatic life, perfect for snorkelling.
It is a treat for snorkelers to watch sea turtles and schools of fish swim along. There are local centres that organise trips and also provide equipment for water sport activities so there’s nothing to carry along.
5. The Blue Souq: Coming all the way up to Sharjah and returning empty handed doesn’t look good. Right? Some shopping is always a treat. The Blue Souq, also called Sharjah’s central market is a perfect venue for shopping lovers. It gives the feeling of a pure Arabian market however this place and a lot more to offer.
There are around six hundred shops in this market with a variety of items spread out all throughout the market. Starting from jewellery, traditional ornaments, and handicrafts to electronics, perfumes and what not. This place also has an amazing collection of carpets that come from Afghanistan and Tibet.
Moreover, this is a must visit place for shopaholics and one can get amazing discounts if bargained properly.
So these were the top five destinations in Sharjah that you must visit. Leaving out any one of them would make your trip incomplete. So why wait? Get the things you need. Search for Great Deals discount codes and complete your shopping and get ready to travel.