The police hunt down a killer cat after NINE mascots poisoned with antifreeze in the same city in just two weeks

Arron Johnson with his children. Two of his cats, Buzz and Jessie, died poisoned

Police are investigating after nine cats in a city died after being poisoned with antifreeze in just two weeks.

Devastated pet owners say that their cats were left screaming in pain & # 39; after losing his ability to walk and vomit violently poisoned tuna.

Four cats in Kingswood, near Bristol, died of ingesting the toxic substance last week.

Arron Johnson and his wife said that two of their cats, Buzz and Jessie, were poisoned.

Arron Johnson with his children. Two of his cats, Buzz and Jessie, died poisoned

Arron Johnson with his children. Two of his cats, Buzz and Jessie, died poisoned

Jessie (l) and Buzz (r) are Arron cats that have died as a result of being poisoned by Antifreeze

Jessie (l) and Buzz (r) are Arron cats that have died as a result of being poisoned by Antifreeze

Jessie (l) and Buzz (r) are Arron cats that have died as a result of being poisoned by Antifreeze

He said: Either someone is playing a horrible game or they have left it somewhere.

"But, it's been horrible, we had to see Buzz on Saturday die in agony."

"He was screaming in pain, he could not walk properly and he had lost the use of his hind legs.

His eyelid had closed, the vet said he was going blind, and his face was swollen.

"He was also sick and drank a lot of water and, as I said, he cried a lot," he added.

On Tuesday, Arron and her family found that Jessie also had the same symptoms, she also died of what veterinarians confirmed in the tests to be Antifreeze.

"I would like to think that someone would not be so cruel, but when they were sick, they were raising what looked like Tuna and we did not feed them," Arron said.

Kathryn Sanders, who also lost two of her cats, Sasha and Scar, on both days of this week, also noticed sick chickens, and said they did not feed their cats.

Kathryn said: "They lost the sensation in the back of their legs and suffered attacks, we took them to the emergency vets, but it was too late, they had to leave them".

"The vet said there was no doubt about it, it was antifreeze and that for the time being we should keep our other cats inside.

"It has been devastating to go through what really happened," he added.

Arron Johnson said: "Or is someone playing a horrible game or have they left it (antifreeze)?"

Arron Johnson said: "Or is someone playing a horrible game or have they left it (antifreeze)?"

Arron Johnson said: "Or is someone playing a horrible game or have they left it (antifreeze)?"

The buzz in the photo with other family pets died after ingesting antifreeze

The buzz in the photo with other family pets died after ingesting antifreeze

The buzz in the photo with other family pets died after ingesting antifreeze

The buzz in the photo with other family pets died after ingesting antifreeze

The buzz in the photo with other family pets died after ingesting antifreeze

At the moment, nobody knows if the animals are being attacked intentionally or if the cause is accidental, but the number of deaths so far means that many in the area keep their cats indoors.

Residents who have been affected now want to warn others in the area to be careful and keep their animals indoors at this time.

Residents have informed the police about the poisonings, however, anyone who suspects cruelty to animals should contact the RSPCA hotline at 0300 1234 999.

Jessie, the cat, is one of the nine victims of poisoning. The police are now looking for the murderer or murderers

Jessie, the cat, is one of the nine victims of poisoning. The police are now looking for the murderer or murderers

Jessie, the cat, is one of the nine victims of poisoning. The police are now looking for the murderer or murderers

A spokesman for RSPCA said: "Deliberately poisoning a protected animal is an offense and carries a maximum sentence of six months in prison and / or an unlimited fine.

Signs that your animal might have been poisoned vary and may include any of the following: depression, lack of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, shortness of breath and bad breath, spasms or seizures. Different substances can affect animals in different ways. Some symptoms may take days to appear.

& # 39; If you think your pet may have been poisoned, contact your veterinarian as soon as possible. You will be asked for details about when you suspect poisoning and symptoms occurred. You may be asked to bring your pet as soon as possible.

"People should be careful when using substances to make sure that other animals are not affected (especially pellets and antifreeze in particular) and that substances are removed carefully, rather than thrown on the roadside or in a park .

.