13.5 C
Saturday, June 10, 2023
HomeNewsWatzke provides update on Reus negotiations at BVB.

Watzke provides update on Reus negotiations at BVB.


While Borussia Dortmund has its sights firmly set on the championship after beating Eintracht Frankfurt 4-0 and is greeting from the top of the table, the future of BVB captain Marco Reus is still open. Club boss Hans-Joachim Watzke has now given the Dortmund fans an update on poker with the 33-year-old.

Will Marco Reus extend BVB’s salary at reduced rates? The Borussia captain is currently one of the top earners with a reported twelve million euros. If his contract were extended beyond the summer of 2023, the 33-year-old would have to accept significant cuts. Various media reports speak of a maximum annual salary of seven to eight million euros. BVB hopes that Reus will still have another season.

At “Sky”, BVB managing director Hans-Joachim Watzke has now explained how far it is to make a decision about the future of the veteran. This will fall “in the short term”, promised Watzke and added: “I think a week, ten days.”

The 63-year-old didn’t want to say more. “I don’t give any tendencies or water level reports,” said the Borussia boss.

Reus is “an extremely well-deserved player from Borussia Dortmund. When many people hit you, I’m the one who tries to build another position by reflex,” added Watzke, looking at the past few weeks. Most recently it was said that those responsible for BVB did not like the body language of the captain, who had to sit on the bench a few times.

So have the problems been resolved? The fan response to Reus is positive anyway. In a sport.de-Survey with thousands of participants, 72 percent are in favor of an extension with Reus. On the other hand, only 28 percent of the voters are in favor of continuing with the veteran.

According to “Bild”, Reus and his advisor Dirk Hebe were said to have been in the Dortmund office last week to discuss the final formalities of the new contract with sports director Sebastian Kehl. Since then it’s been waiting for a fixed message.

Merry C. Vega is a highly respected and accomplished news author. She began her career as a journalist, covering local news for a small-town newspaper. She quickly gained a reputation for her thorough reporting and ability to uncover the truth.

Latest stories