Advertisements
A veterinarian issued a desperate warning to all pet owners after the popular collectibles from Woolworths Ooshies sent one animal to the hospital

Veterinary surgeons give pet owners an urgent warning about the serious dangers that Woolworths Ooshies can pose to their beloved animals

  • A WA veterinarian has issued warnings after pets have fallen ill from eating Ooshies
  • Some pets had to be operated on immediately after they had swallowed plastic toys
  • Pet owners have been warned to keep the plastic toy away from animals
Advertisements

A veterinarian issued a desperate warning to all pet owners after the popular collectibles from Woolworths Ooshies had sent one animal to the hospital.

MalagaVet, in Western Australia, posted the message on their Facebook page last month after an animal had undergone major surgery after eating two toys from Ooshies.

The vet shared photos of the plastic toys that had made the animal sick, as well as an x-ray showing a heavy gas in the pet's gut.

A veterinarian issued a desperate warning to all pet owners after the popular collectibles from Woolworths Ooshies sent one animal to the hospital

Advertisements

A veterinarian issued a desperate warning to all pet owners after the popular collectibles from Woolworths Ooshies sent one animal to the hospital

MalagaVet, in Western Australia, posted the message on their Facebook page last month after an animal underwent major surgery after eating two toys from Ooshies

MalagaVet, in Western Australia, posted the message on their Facebook page last month after an animal underwent major surgery after eating two toys from Ooshies

MalagaVet, in Western Australia, posted the message on their Facebook page last month after an animal underwent major surgery after eating two toys from Ooshies

& # 39; One patient today underwent major surgery for bowel obstruction caused by swallowing two of these novelties! & # 39; the vet wrote to Facebook.

Veterinary practice said the animal recovered well, but warned other animal lovers to be wary of the harmful effects of the toy.

& # 39; The best thing to do is not to accept them at the checkout, and if you get them, be very careful to keep them away from your pets at all times! & # 39;

A Queensland veterinarian, Boyne Tannum Vet Surgery, posted a similar warning last week after a dog fell ill by swallowing one of the Woolworths collectibles.

Advertisements

& # 39; The parent-looking Ooshie was taken by a dog and had to be surgically removed because it caused a gastrointestinal obstruction. Please be very careful about leaving it & # 39 ;, wrote the vet on Facebook.

The director of Your Vet Online, told Leigh Davidson Yahoo News that the toy can cause serious harm to people's pets and can even lead to operations of more than $ 1000.

A Queensland veterinarian, Boyne Tannum Vet Surgery, posted a similar warning last week after a dog fell ill by swallowing one of the Woolworths collectibles (stock image)

A Queensland veterinarian, Boyne Tannum Vet Surgery, posted a similar warning last week after a dog fell ill by swallowing one of the Woolworths collectibles (stock image)

A Queensland veterinarian, Boyne Tannum Vet Surgery, posted a similar warning last week after a dog fell ill by swallowing one of the Woolworths collectibles (stock image)

& # 39; If the pet swallows it, depending on the size of your animal and its gut, it may cause a blockage in the intestinal tract if they have not chewed it in small enough pieces, & # 39; Davidson said.

Advertisements

& # 39; The risk of a subsequent infection is very high and it is a demanding operation that requires a lot of skill. & # 39;

She said the toy should always be forbidden to animals in the house.

& # 39; We must not forget that you can tell your child, & # 39; do not chew & # 39; but we must regard our pets as a young crawling child, you cannot just tell a pet to leave it alone, & # 39; she said.

Mrs. Davidson said there were several signs for owners to tell if their pets had swallowed a foreign object.

Dogs often look listless, lose their appetite and can even vomit.

Advertisements

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Woolworths for comments.

Dogs often look lethargic, lose their appetite and can even vomit after being swallowed

Dogs often look lethargic, lose their appetite and can even vomit after being swallowed

Dogs often look lethargic, lose their appetite and can even vomit after being swallowed

Advertisements

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news