The mother becomes blind in one eye after the parasite twists under the contact lens in the shower

Suzanne Dunne has gone blind in one eye after a parasite got on her contact lens

A nurse has gone blind in one eye after a parasitic worm slipped under her contact lens and ate the cornea.

Suzanne Dunne, a mother of two from Dublin, has issued a warning to contact lens wearers after spending more than two weeks in the hospital.

Mrs. Dunne, in her late 30s, has said that the parasites are "rampant" during the hot weather.

Suzanne Dunne has gone blind in one eye after a parasite got on her contact lens

Suzanne Dunne has gone blind in one eye after a parasite got on her contact lens

Ms. Dunne said that her eye gradually became worse and more irritable on July 20.

At night, he suffered severe pain and suffered an eye infection.

Remembering the problem, he said he woke up in the middle of the agony. Her husband, Paul, a taxi driver, had just arrived home and called an ambulance.

"My eyesight was gone, it was completely gone, the whole place was black, my eye was being expelled by the parasite, and I was so upset because the children Mia, 5, and Max, 8, had woken up and they had seen me leave in the ambulance, "he told Dublin Live.

Suzanne was sent to the Mater University Hospital in Dublin for 16 days.

While he was there, bleach was applied to his eye every day to kill the infection.

She explained: It can only happen that the user wears contact lenses because the contact lens creates a vacuum in the eye. Then, if something goes behind, it grabs it "(in the image before the infection)

She explained: It can only happen that the user wears contact lenses because the contact lens creates a vacuum in the eye. Then, if something goes behind, it grabs it "(in the image before the infection)

She explained: It can only happen that the user wears contact lenses because the contact lens creates a vacuum in the eye. Then, if something goes behind, it grabs it "(in the image before the infection)

She explained: It can only happen that the user wears contact lenses because the contact lens creates a vacuum in the eye. Then, if something goes behind, it clings to it. "

Once the parasite enters the eye it causes Acanthamoeba keratitis, which can cause inflammation of the cornea.

She added: "In winter, you're safe." In warm conditions and because we have not had heat like this, the parasite multiplies and is endemic. Although the parasite is dead, the damage is done.

The mother and the runner hope to complete the Dublin marathon later this year.

Once the parasite enters the eye, it causes Acanthamoeba keratitis (in the image: computer illustration of the parasite), which can cause inflammation of the cornea.

Once the parasite enters the eye, it causes Acanthamoeba keratitis (in the image: computer illustration of the parasite), which can cause inflammation of the cornea.

Once the parasite enters the eye, it causes Acanthamoeba keratitis (in the image: computer illustration of the parasite), which can cause inflammation of the cornea.

(function() {
var _fbq = window._fbq || (window._fbq = []);
if (!_fbq.loaded) {
var fbds = document.createElement(‘script’);
fbds.async = true;
fbds.src = “http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbds.js”;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’)[0];
s.parentNode.insertBefore(fbds, s);
_fbq.loaded = true;
}
_fbq.push([‘addPixelId’, ‘1401367413466420’]);
})();
window._fbq = window._fbq || [];
window._fbq.push([“track”, “PixelInitialized”, {}]);
.