WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

Six month old baby suffers severe burns to her face and hand after biting a phone charger

Six month old baby suffers severe burns to her face and hand after biting a telephone charger cable in Brazil

  • A six-month-old baby was also disabled and the entire house was shorted
  • The child is in serious condition with a low heart and respiratory rhythm, doctors say
  • Shocking incident occurred in Lucas do Rio Verde, central western Brazil

A six-month-old baby miraculously survived a huge electric shock after she put a cell phone charger in her mouth while it was connected.

The discharge was so strong that it turned off the house circuit breaker and completely beat the child.

The little girl suffered severe burns on her face and right hand with scorches on her fingertips.

It is believed that the baby was playing with the cell phone while it was charging in the family home in Lucas do Rio Verde, in western Brazil, when it bit the end of the cable with the metal USB connector.

The little girl was coldly knocked down by the shock that also shorted the electricity in her house in Lucas do Rio Verde, in western Brazil.

The little girl was coldly knocked down by the shock that also shorted the electricity in her house in Lucas do Rio Verde, in western Brazil.

She bit the end of the cable with the metal USB connection. Her scorched fingers are depicted

She bit the end of the cable with the metal USB connection. Her scorched fingers are depicted

She bit the end of the cable with the metal USB connection. Her scorched fingers are depicted

The baby was taken unconscious by her family on Tuesday this week to the nearest health unit of the family, where the medical team resuscitated her.

The victim’s injuries would be life threatening and an aspiration procedure had to be performed to remove a build-up of fluid in her throat.

She was transferred shortly afterwards to the São Lucas hospital for more intensive care.

Dr. Heleno Strobel Rosa, who provided first aid to the victim at the PSF XV and dressed her wounds, reported that the baby arrived in “a serious condition with a very low heart and respiratory rhythm.”

She told online media G1: “We think she sustained the injuries because the shock came through the hand and came out through her chin.

“She cried a lot after we had revived her life and we gave all the support she needed before she was admitted to the big hospital.”

According to the doctor, the grandparents said the baby was sleeping unsupervised “on a mattress on the floor with a cell phone that was charged next to her.”

She said: ‘They claimed that when she woke up, she should have picked up the phone and put the charging cord in her mouth. This gave her a huge electrical discharge. “

The girl was taken by her desperate family to a clinic and then to the Sao Lucas hospital

The girl was taken by her desperate family to a clinic and then to the Sao Lucas hospital

The girl was taken by her desperate family to a clinic and then to the Sao Lucas hospital

The Sao Lucas hospital is shown above, where the girl is in intensive care at the time of writing

The Sao Lucas hospital is shown above, where the girl is in intensive care at the time of writing

The Sao Lucas hospital is shown above, where the girl is in intensive care at the time of writing

Dr. Rosa said the child was lucky to live and warned that accidents like this with cell phones are very common and avoidable.

She said: ‘Parents can easily prevent their child from becoming statistics by paying attention to dangers that can be prevented.

‘Phone chargers should never be left within the reach of a child. When the phone has finished charging, it must always be completely disconnected and on the other hand not left without anything. “

A medical update on baby’s health reported that she is staying in the hospital, out of danger and recovering steadily.

.