PS Blog Game of the Year 2021 polls are now live
The polls for the PS Blog Game of the Year 2021 are now open! These awards are entirely determined by player choice, so cast your vote to nominate your favorite PlayStation games from the past year. All 16 categories recognize the best of PlayStation through 2021, on PS4, PS5 and PS VR to celebrate great games, captivating new characters, fantastic soundtracks, graphic showcases and much more.
As always, there are a few rules for categories and their nominees. This year there are some new:
- Each category includes an entry in case a title is missing that you think should be considered.
- Due to the polls closing date, some titles are not eligible for inclusion. These will be eligible for the nomination selection next year.
- As with most other categories, Best Multiplayer Experience focuses on titles released in 2021, but also recognizes multiplayer-focused games that received significant new content or game-changing updates in the past year (such as Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker) .
- There are some highly anticipated games on the horizon. Some have launch dates, while others haven’t officially confirmed the name of the game yet. That’s why we’ve chosen to keep the selection for the Most Anticipated Game of 2022 and beyond category for games with official titles.
- Best Re-Release is a new category that recognizes remasters and remakes. Eligible titles show improvements such as quality of life changes, graphics upgrades, and more.
- If a title won a Platinum in a category last year, it will not be eligible for inclusion in the same category this year.
The polls are now live and will close on Monday, December 13 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time, so scroll below and click. We will collect the results and announce the winners later this month.
Good luck to all nominees!