- The Prince of Wales issued a statement on the conflict
Prince William has said he is “deeply concerned” about the “human cost” of the current conflict in Gaza.
The Prince of Wales, 41, is returning to public engagements after taking time off to care for his wife Kate, who is recovering from abdominal surgery.
In the impassioned statement he said that “too many have died” since the Hamas terrorist attack on Israel on October 7 last year.
He said: ‘I remain deeply concerned about the terrible human cost of the conflict in the Middle East since the Hamas terrorist attack on 7 October. They have killed too many.
Prince William has issued an impassioned statement saying that “too many have died” in the conflict between Israel and Hamas.
“I, like so many others, want the fighting to end as soon as possible. There is a desperate need to increase humanitarian support to Gaza. It is essential that help arrives and that the hostages are released.
‘Sometimes it is only when we are faced with the magnitude of human suffering that we understand the importance of permanent peace.
‘Even in the darkest moments we must not succumb to the advice of despair. I continue to hold on to the hope that a better future can be found and I refuse to give it up.’
Following the attack on Israel last October, the Prince and Princess of Wales issued a statement condemning Hamas.
The royal couple said they were “deeply distressed” by what they had witnessed.
A statement issued on his behalf said: ‘As Israel exercises its right to self-defense, all Israelis and Palestinians will continue to be haunted by pain, fear and anger in the future.
“Their Royal Highnesses hold all the victims, their families and their friends in their hearts and minds.”