Home Australia Prince William is ‘still processing’ the shock news that his father King Charles has cancer and ‘remains determined to keep putting his family first’, insiders reveal

Prince William is ‘still processing’ the shock news that his father King Charles has cancer and ‘remains determined to keep putting his family first’, insiders reveal

by Elijah
0 comment
Prince William

Prince William is “still processing” his father’s shocking cancer diagnosis, royal sources have revealed, and say he “remains determined” to continue putting his family first.

While the heir to the throne returned to public duties last week, having decided to “clean up his diary” to support the Princess of Wales during and after her operation last month, he is not expected to take up royal duties in time. complete. still quite a bit.

William, 41, will now retire with his family to Anmer Hall on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk for his children’s half-term holidays, where they will also be able to spend time with the King.

But those close to him say he is still digesting the impact of his father’s diagnosis so soon after Kate’s major surgery, while contemplating what this moment could mean for his role and his family’s future.

“At times like this, it is a reminder that as well as being the future head of state, he is also a human being,” a royal source said. The times.

Prince William is “still processing” his father’s shocking cancer diagnosis, royal sources have revealed, and say he “remains determined” to continue putting his family first.

Those close to her say she is still digesting the impact of her father's diagnosis so soon after Kate's major surgery.

Those close to her say she is still digesting the impact of her father’s diagnosis so soon after Kate’s major surgery.

“At times like this, it is a reminder that as well as being the future head of state, he is also a human being,” a royal source said.

‘He is processing the news that his father has cancer as a human being. Given how seriously she takes the role of him, of course it’s something she’ll be thinking about.”

Meanwhile, William remains determined to prioritize his family, with royal aides saying he will not “represent” the king, who also supports his decision.

A source said: “The Prince has always made it clear that his priority is to provide for his wife and family for the time being, and he has not set a timetable for this.”

His team at Kensington Palace are understood to be speaking to their counterparts at Buckingham Palace about which public engagements William could attend in his father’s place.

They are likely to be in line for future investitures and perhaps lead the family at events such as the annual Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey early next month.

But as His Majesty insists on keeping his hand firmly at the helm of state affairs during his treatment, it is highly unlikely that the future king will have to take charge of any constitutional matters.

It is understood William, 41, has his father’s “100 per cent” backing to return at his own pace.

A source said: “The king adores Catherine and thinks she is doing a wonderful job.” He understands that family comes first.’

William will be back with Kate and the children next week during his half-term holiday.

William will be back with Kate and the children next week during his half-term holiday.

Prince William will continue to prioritize the well-being of his wife and children while stepping up to help his ailing father.

Prince William will continue to prioritize the well-being of his wife and children while stepping up to help his ailing father.

It comes after the King issued a statement on Friday expressing his gratitude for their support.

Prayers and support from home and from the far corners of the world followed the announcement that he was receiving treatment for a non-specific form of cancer.

Hand-signed by ‘Charles R’ and topped with Sandringham House’s bold red letterhead, the note read: ‘I would like to express my sincere thanks for the many messages of support and well wishes I have received over the last few days. As all those who have been affected by cancer will know, those kind thoughts are the greatest comfort and encouragement.

‘It is equally encouraging to hear how sharing my own diagnosis has helped to promote public understanding and shed light on the work of all those organizations supporting cancer patients and their families across the UK and around the world. My lifelong admiration for their tireless care and dedication is even greater as a result of my own personal experience.’

Charles, 75, will now split his time between Sandringham and Highgrove, traveling privately to London every week for his cancer treatment.

King Charles and offered his

King Charles and offered his “heartfelt thanks” to the British public on Saturday evening in a letter from Sandringham House.

King Charles and Queen Camilla leave Clarence House

King Charles and Queen Camilla leave Clarence House

On Thursday, Queen Camilla, who has been by her husband's side since his diagnosis, said the King was

On Thursday, Queen Camilla, who has been by her husband’s side since his diagnosis, said the king was “very touched” by the messages of support he has received from around the world.

In a way, everything will continue as usual. He is expected to attend the Sunday morning service at St Mary Magdalene Church, where he was pictured last week with Queen Camilla, 76, a day before his cancer diagnosis was announced.

Friends of the “workaholic” monarch say he will likely indulge in two of his favorite hobbies – walking and water painting – while doing what clearly doesn’t come naturally to him – taking it easy.

Despite canceling all public engagements, insiders joke that he will go through his “red boxes” of paperwork “before eating his hard-boiled egg in the morning.”

A friend noted, “Boredom will be one of the hardest things for him.”

You may also like