Prince Harry renewed his support for the charity of the British youth club when he abandoned his royal duties
Passionate Prince Harry will continue to support the British youth club charity close to his heart after stopping as a senior royal, the chairman reveals
- Prince Harry “very recently reiterated his commitment” for a charity in the British youth club
- Duke of Sussex renewed its support for the OnSide Youth Zones organization
- The charity’s efforts have been aided by the royal party since its official launch in 2008
Prince Harry will continue to support a British youth club charity despite stopping as a senior royal.
The Duke of Sussex, 35, has “personally confirmed” to the president of the organization, John Roberts, that he will be “continuous support for OnSide” – providing a safe environment for young people.
It is after Prince Harry and wife Meghan, 38, announced in January that they would divide their time between North America and the UK after taking a step back from royal life.
Mr. Roberts, 46, founder of AO.com, said to FEMAIL: “I can confirm that Harry personally confirmed his continued support for OnSide.”
Prince Harry (pictured as a visit to the OnSide Youth Zones facility in Dagenham in April 2019) will continue to support a British youth club charity despite stopping as a senior royal
It is one of the first British charities, alongside its private patrons, to which Prince Harry has publicly committed himself in his new independent role, which he is likely to see mainly living in Canada.
The charity, which has built 12 youth clubs in England, seems to be close to the heart of Prince Harry, with the Royal Palace having visited the various facilities at least three times.
He recently visited the OnSide Youth Zone in Barking and Dagenham in East London in April 2019, previously he visited the Wigan Youth Zone in July 2016 and the Hive Wirral Youth Zone in January 2019 with the Duchess of Sussex.
During the January visit, the duke said to young people, “The more we can build it, the better – especially for you.”
The Duke of Sussex, 35, has “personally confirmed” to the president of the organization, John Roberts (photo), that he will be “continuous support for OnSide” – providing a safe environment for young people
Prince Harry plays rugby with children when he opens ‘Future’, the new youth zone in Barking and Dagenham in East London in April 2019
OnSide Youth Zones are proud to offer a safe environment where young people can come and enjoy, build key skills and increase their ambitions and confidence to create a happier and healthier generation.
Meghan and Prince Harry will make three joint engagements in the UK at the beginning of March, before officially retiring as senior royals.
Their last official engagement is expected to be March 9 when they join the Queen at Westminster Abbey to mark Commonwealth Day.
The Duke of Sussex started a wall climbing competition in the center while enjoying his visit in April 2019
From March 31, when they officially leave the royal family, Harry and Meghan will stop using their HRH titles and withdraw from royal duties, including official military appointments.
In the future, Harry will retain the rank of major, lieutenant commander and squadron leader – but his military honorary positions will not be used during a 12-month trial period.
However, the couple may retain their own patronages and associations.