The flight log shows how Prince Andrew flew on the luxury private jet of Jeffrey Epstein for six weeks AFTER police arrested the pedophile billionaire for sex with underage girls
- Andrew flew to a wedding from London Luton to Edinburgh in September 2006
- Epstein not on board, but was arrested on July 23 for prostitution
- His arrest came eight days after he attended Princess Beatrice's 18th birthday
- Source says: & # 39; It's another example of Andrew's close ties to the Epstein scandal & # 39;
The Duke of York flew on Jeffrey Epstein & # 39; s luxury private jet six weeks after police arrested the late pedophile for having sex with girls, it emerged today.
Prince Andrew flew to a private wedding with the alleged financier Ghislaine Maxwell of London Luton on September 1, 2006.
Epstein was not aboard his luxury Gulfstream plane at that time, but was arrested on July 23 of that year for prostitution.
Prince Andrew (left) and Jeffrey Epstein (right) in Central Park in New York in December 2010
His arrest also came just over a week after he attended the luxurious 18th birthday party of Princess Beatrice at Windsor Castle on July 15.
A source told The sun: & # 39; It's another example of Andrew's close ties to the Epstein scandal. Weeks have passed and yet new accusations are still coming. & # 39;
The flight data was revealed in a handwritten manifesto that was saved by Epstein & # 39; s pilot David Rodgers – between thousands of pages of court documents released last month.
The plane left Edinburgh Airport the next day with only Maxwell on its way to Newfoundland and then to Teterboro in New Jersey, near New York City.
Prince Andrew attends the The Duke of York Young Champions Trophy this morning at the Royal Portrush Golf Club in County Antrim
It is not clear whether Andrew was aware of Epstein's arrest in Palm Beach, Florida in 2006 when he fled – although it had been reported in the media at that stage.
Today the under attacked duke traveled to Northern Ireland to perform official duties during a golf tournament.
Andrew attended the Royal Portrush Golf Course in County Antrim in his role as founder of The Duke of York Young Champions Trophy.
It follows two public appearances on the weekend, attending a tournament at Royal Liverpool Golf Club on the occasion of its 150th anniversary.
Virginia Roberts claimed in Florida lawsuits that she was forced to have sex with Andrew (pictured together in 2001) when she was 17, which is younger than the age of consent in the state.
The duke, who is the patron of the club, saw amateur golfers from the US and Great Britain and Northern Ireland fight it out in the Walker Cup Tournament yesterday.
It was his second public engagement in two days, after he traveled to Bruges on Saturday for the 75th anniversary since the liberation of the Belgian city by the Allies.
Andrew was present in his role as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards and laid a wreath at the Charles II monument in Bruges.
That was his first major international event since the scandal broke his friendship with Epstein.
The Duke of York on the Walker Cup 2019 at Royal Liverpool Golf Club in Hoylake yesterday
Epstein was hanged in his cell in New York on August 10 while confronted with new indictments for sex trade and conspiracy to minors for sex.
Andrew was chased by allegations of impropriety with underage girls whom Epstein had suggested.
Buckingham Palace has issued strong denials in response to claims from a woman who said she was forced to have minor sex with the duke.
Virginia Roberts claimed in Florida lawsuits that she was forced to have sex with Andrew when she was 17, which is younger than the age of consent in the state.
Andrews during a ceremony for the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Bruges on Saturday
The palace has the allegations & # 39; false and without any ground & # 39; and said that & # 39; any suggestion of impropriety with minors & # 39; by the duke & # 39; categorically false & # 39; used to be.
In 2015, a judge ruled that Miss Roberts' allegations of Andrew & # 39; intangible and impudent & # 39; and ordered them to be rejected from a claim against Epstein.
Andrew said in a statement of August 24: "At no point during the limited time I spent with him did I see any behavior that led to (arrest and conviction of) Epstein."
Timeline of Prince Andrew's relationship with Jeffrey Epstein
- The nineties: the Duke of York was allegedly introduced to the American financier Jeffrey Epstein through his friendship with Ghislaine Maxwell, the daughter of newspaper magnate Robert Maxwell.
- 2000: Prince Andrew and Mrs. Maxwell are seen on holiday with Epstein in the Mar-a-Lago Club of Donald Trump in Palm Beach, Florida. In return, the Duke allegedly invited Epstein to stay in Sandringham, Balmoral, and Windsor Castle.
- 2001: Virginia Roberts claims to have had sex with Prince Andrew
- 2005 – A 14-year-old girl tells the police that Epstein has abused her in his mansion in Palm Beach.
- July 15, 2006: Epstein attends Princess Beatrice's 18th birthday party at Windsor Castle
- July 23, 2006: Epstein is arrested in Florida for prostitution
- September 1, 2006: Prince Andrew flies to a private wedding with Ghislaine Maxwell from London Luton to Edinburgh
- 2007 – Epstein & # 39; s lawyers meet the top federal prosecutor Alexander Acosta of Miami. They secretly negotiate the & # 39; deal of a lifetime & # 39 ;.
- June 2008 – After being convicted of two prostitution complaints, the billionaire is sentenced to 18 months' imprisonment in exchange for prosecutors who end their investigation of his sexual acts with minors and grant him immunity for future prosecution for those charges
- July 2008 – Accusers learn from the deal for the first time.
- July 2009 – Epstein is released from prison five months early.
- December 5, 2010: After the release of Epstein from prison, Prince Andrew is photographed with him in New York. The duke stops as a British trade envoy.
- January 2, 2015: Buckingham Palace denies that the duke committed any impropriety after being mentioned in US legal documents relating to Epstein.
- January 3: Buckingham Palace denies a second denial that the duke has had sexual contact with a woman who claims to have had sex with him, and the allegations & # 39; false and without any basis & # 39; noticed.
- January 4: Prince Andrew flies back to the UK from a ski resort in Verbier, Switzerland, following widespread reports of allegations of sex with minors he is dealing with.
- January 13: Duke of York's ex-wife Sarah Ferguson defends him against & # 39; shockingly accusing allegations & # 39; that he had sex with a minor teenager, told the American TV show. Today the family stood at the denial issued by Buckingham Palace.
- January 21: Lawyers for Giuffre formally request that he respond to her allegations under oath.
- January 22: The Duke publicly denies allegations that he had sex with a minor teenager in a guest speech at the World Economic Forum in Davos.
- August 9, 2019: An American judge reveals legal documents proving that Prince Andrew was accused of touching the breast of & # 39; young student & # 39; Johanna Sjoberg in Epstein & # 39; s house in 2001. The files relate to the libel case that Virginia Roberts – now known as Virginia Giuffre – filed against Maxwell in 2015. Buckingham Palace says the allegations & # 39; categorically not true & # 39; to be.
- August 10: Epstein is reportedly found dead by an apparent suicide in the Manhattan Correctional Center in New York. He waited for a lawsuit against sex indictment.
- August 24: Andrew says in a statement: & # 39; At no time during the limited time I spent with him did I see any behavior that then led to (arrest and conviction) Epstein
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) london