WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

Pep Guardiola reaffirms its commitment to Manchester City after the UEFA ban

“If the club doesn’t fire me, I’ll stay here, 100%”: Pep Guardiola reaffirms commitment to Manchester City after the UEFA ban and insists he is “sure” they will play in Europe next season

  • Manchester City defeated West Ham 2-0 on Wednesday-evening in the Premier League
  • It was their first game in two years to be banned from UEFA games
  • Pep Guardiola has supported the club to lift the ban when they appeal
  • He also confirmed that he intends regardless of the outcome of the appeal

Pep Guardiola urged Manchester City to compete in the Champions League next season and supported the club to undo a two-year ban on appeal.

The managing director of the city of Ferran Soriano came swinging earlier in the day by insisting that the allegations of UEFA’s financial errors are unfounded.

Soriano was followed by a bullish Guardiola after City beat West Ham 2-0 last night when he first raised the potential expulsion.

Pep Guardiola insists that Man City will compete in the Champions League next season

Pep Guardiola insists that Man City will compete in the Champions League next season

“I am confident that we will play in Europe next season. I’m pretty sure we will defend our position, “Guardiola said before confirming that he will remain as a manager.

“If they don’t fire me, I’ll stay here more than ever. I want to stay longer than the contract I have. I want to help the club grow and maintain this level for as long as possible. Why should I leave?

City is appealing against UEFA’s decision at the Court of Arbitration for Sport and hoping for a solution for the summer.

“It’s not finished, it’s not over yet,” Guardiola said. “You fight whatever happens and the club will do that. There are two sides. The club says it’s not true. I love this club. “

Guardiola also broke back to his old employers ‘and boys’ club, Barcelona, ​​after their president Josep Maria Bartomeu thanked UEFA for continuing the Financial Fair Play penalties.

The city has already confirmed its intention to appeal against UEFA's decision to ban it for two years

The city has already confirmed its intention to appeal against UEFA's decision to ban it for two years

The city has already confirmed its intention to appeal against UEFA’s decision to ban it for two years

“If they are happy, we will be suspended, I tell the President of Barcelona, ​​give us two calls,” the city manager said.

“I immediately ask people what they have done. “Don’t talk too loudly Barcelona,” that’s my advice because everyone is involved in situations. We are appealing and hopefully we can play in the Champions League against Barcelona in the future. “

Following the ban, City was hit with a £ 25 million fine after allegations of “serious breaches” of the UEFA rules for financial fair play between 2012-16.

“The fans can be sure of two things,” Soriano told the club’s website yesterday. “The first is that the allegations are incorrect. And secondly, we will do everything to prove that.

“The most important thing I have to say is that the allegations are not true. They are simply not true.

Guardiola tackled the situation after City's victory over West Ham on Wednesday

Guardiola tackled the situation after City's victory over West Ham on Wednesday

Guardiola tackled the situation after City’s victory over West Ham on Wednesday

“The owner has not put any money in this club that is not indicated correctly. We are a sustainable football club, we are profitable, we have no debts, our accounts are often audited, by accountants, regulators, by investors and this is perfectly clear. “

Soriano contested UEFA’s claim that Premier League champions “did not cooperate in the investigation,” and said City expects a fairer hearing with CAS. The Spaniard, who assured staff that they will be acquitted, also stated that the judgment was influenced by politics.

“All we are looking for is a proper assessment in an independent and impartial body that will take the time to view all the evidence and view it without prejudice,” he added.

“I am also looking for the end of this process, perhaps to put a pen under this undertone that we hear all the time that everything we do, every result we get, is only money based and not money based talent and commitment.

“We are looking for an early solution through a thorough and fair trial, so my best hope is that it will be ready before the start of the summer. Until then it is normal for us.

“We’ve provided the evidence, but in the end this FFP investigation room relied more on emails stolen from the context than any other evidence we’ve provided about what really happened and I think it’s normal for us to feel like we feel. Ultimately, this seems less based on our experience and perception, less on justice and more on politics. “

.