Pep Guardiola insists that players from Manchester City “support the club 100 percent” after being banned
“They are exceptional professionals”: Pep Guardiola insists that his players from Manchester City “100% support the club” when they come into action for the first time since the two-year European ban
- Pep Guardiola has repeated his players’ commitment to Manchester City
- The City boss said they were “exceptional professionals” before facing West Ham
- City received a two-year ban from the Champions League from UEFA last week
Pep Guardiola made sure that his players bet 100 percent for Manchester City after their two-year ban from the Champions League.
The Premier League champions were severely punished by UEFA for having committed “serious violations” of the rules of Financial Fair Play.
The city has strongly denied that they have violated all rules and although there are doubts about whether star players will leave if the ban is enforced, Guardiola broke the talk by insisting that players are ‘excellent professionals’ since the news became known.
Pep Guardiola insisted that his players were ‘excellent professionals’ with news about their prohibition
City held a number of meetings to reassure staff after the announcement by UEFA last Friday
“They are exceptional professionals,” he said Sky Sports for their rearranged Premier League match against West Ham on Wednesday.
“We are professionals, we want to play games we have had and it was good for us, I also imagine for the West Ham players.
“Then see our families go back to work during our training sessions, playing every three or four games it has played over the past three or four years. It is not a problem.’
The star players of Guardiola and City met the chief executive on Saturday to discuss the news
Former Manchester City defender, Micah Richards, found that the news summarized the supporters’ feeling that the “world is against us” when it comes to their recent successes.
“Sometimes it feels like the world is against us,” the ex-City immediately added to Sky.
“The money that Sheikh Mansour has invested has been like being the new Manchester United here since it arrived [and] everyone doesn’t like Manchester United.
“We tried to be humble with the money spent in Man City, sometimes it feels like everyone is against us. I don’t think it will be too hard to focus, obviously a two-year ban, but City immediately came out and said they would appeal.
‘These players are strong enough, they have the character and they know they have to do their job on the field.
“Don’t think about things outside the field, City disputes it and they’re all entitled to it.”
The city has already confirmed that it intends to appeal against UEFA’s decision to ban them for two years