Kylian Mbappe named most valuable U21 player in the world for second year running ahead of England star Jadon Sancho and Ajax skipper Matthijs de Ligt
- PSG’s Kylian Mbappe has been named the world’s most valuable Under 21 player
- It’s the second year in a row Mbappe has claimed top spot according to Soccerex
- The 20-year-old also became the first to smash Soccerex’s £200m price point
- Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho was second in the list and valued at £107m
- Ajax captain Matthijs de Ligt was named as the most valuable Under 20 player
Kylian Mbappe has been named the world’s most valuable player under the age of 21 for a second year running by Soccerex.
The Paris Saint-Germain forward beat Jadon Sancho and Matthijs de Ligt to the top of the podium following another stellar year in France.
Mbappe outranked 19 of the world’s most promising players in convincing fashion after he was valued at a staggering £234million by Prime Time Sport and Soccerex, two times more than any other player.
PSG star Kylian Mbappe has been named the world’s most valuable Under 21 player
Jadon Sancho (left) and Matthijs de Ligt (right) were ranked second and third respectively
It is also the first time in history that a player has smashed Soccerex’s £200m valuation, which uses Prime Time Sport’s Football Value Index to rank footballers born on or after January 1, 1998.
To get to a player’s valuation, the report takes into consideration a player’s age, club, position, contract length, minutes played, goals, injuries, technical quality, international caps and market value perception.
Mbappe’s valuation is twice that of Sancho’s who is worth £107m following a brilliant breakout season at Borussia Dortmund.
Mbappe enjoyed another superb campaign for the French champions as he finished second to Lionel Messi in the race for the European Golden Boot.
Bayer Leverkusen’s Kai Havertz (left) and Liverpool’s Trent Alexander-Arnold make up top five
Atletico Madrid’s most expensive signing Joao Felix was valued at £64.5m by Soccerex
De Ligt comes in a respectable third with the Ajax skipper valued at £67m which makes him the most expensive player under the age of 20.
England dominate the list with six English players making the top 20 while France had four stars on there.
Brazil have three representatives on the list, Italy with two and then one each for Portugal, Netherlands, USA, Germany and Nigeria.
Soccerex also confirmed that it is the first time in history that no Spaniards have featured in the top 20.
TOP 20 MOST VALUABLE PLAYERS UNDER THE AGE OF 21
1) Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain/France): £234million
2) Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund/England): £107million
3) Matthijs de Ligt (Ajax/Holland): £67million
4) Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen/Germany): £66.5million
5) Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool/England): £66million
6) Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid/Portugal): £64.5million
7) Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan/Italy): £61million
8) Christian Pulisic (Chelsea/USA): £55million
9) Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid/Brazil): £54million
10) Eder Militao (Real Madrid/Brazil): £49million
11) Nicolo Zaniolo (Roma/Italy): £40million
12) Matteo Guendouzi (Arsenal/France): £38million
13) Houssem Aouar (Lyon/France): £37million
14) Phil Foden (Manchester City/England): £36million
15) Declan Rice (West Ham United/England): £35million
16) Ibrahima Konate (Leipzig/France): £32million
17) Rodrygo (Real Madrid/Brazil): £31million
18) Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham/England): £30million
19) Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal/Nigeria): £29million
20) Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea/England): £28.5million