Horrified mother discovers three needles in a basket of strawberries after her daughter, 10, bit a pin
- Chantal Faugeras said she found three needles in a basket of strawberries
- She said she made the discovery when her daughter bit the metal
- His discovery on Wednesday comes after five similar cases in the last week
- Strawberry growers said a disgruntled former employee could be held responsible
Charlie Coe for Daily Mail Australia
A sixth case of needles found in strawberries has come to light after a mother in New South Wales discovered three pins hidden inside a basket.
Chantal Faugeras made the discovery, which occurs after five confirmed cases of contamination in Queensland and Victoria, when her 10-year-old daughter bit the sharp metal into a strawberry on Wednesday.
Ms. Faugeras said she found two more needles in the basket she had bought from Coles in Wingham after she decided to crush the others as a precaution.
Scroll down to watch the video
A sixth case of needles found in strawberries has come to light after a mother in New South Wales said she found three pins hidden inside a basket (one of which is shown in the photo)
Ms. Faugeras notified others about the discovery in a Facebook post on Thursday.
The commentators on Ms. Faugeras's publication appreciated the mother's announcement, and one of them said that they had just bought four packages of strawberries from the same store.
Another said that the fruit was still being stored at the Coles Wingham branch on Friday morning.
Mother Chantal Faugeras uploaded a video of her discovering the second and third pin after her daughter bit the first one.
Queensland police announced they started an investigation into strawberries contamination on Wednesday
Another said: "I sent my seven-year-old son with this brand of strawberries this morning. I only called the school after a friend had warned me and the ladies in the office have warned, thank God.
In a statement sent to Daily Mail Australia, a Coles spokesman said they were working with their suppliers, police and health regulators to investigate the incident.
The spokesman said: "The safety of our clients is our priority and anyone concerned about their health should seek medical advice."
"Queensland Health has warned people to cut all strawberries before consuming them."
The discovery comes after another five cases of needles were found in the fruit, including one on Sunday when a man entered the hospital after swallowing half of a sewing needle.
In another case on Thursday, Queensland's mother, Angela Stevenson, nearly gave one of her 12-month-old daughter a contaminated fruit.
The victims found two more affected baskets in Victoria and police reported on Thursday an alleged copying incident in which a small steel rod was found in a basket in Queensland.
Queensland police announced that they had started an investigation into the contamination of strawberries on Wednesday, saying they believed that the brands' Berry Obsession & # 39; and & # 39; Berry Licious & # 39; They were the most affected.
The Strawberry Producers Association of Queensland said on Wednesday that it suspected that "a disgruntled former employee" could be behind the avalanche of incidents.