England and Italy STILL planning for the Six Nations final in Rome, despite Ireland closing the match with the Azzurri due to a coronavirus outbreak
- The Six Nations have seen that the armature was disturbed by the spread of the corona virus
- The Irish government canceled their home game with Italy on Saturday
- RFU officials are convinced that the England game in Rome will continue
- The title can still be picked up by the contenders of France, England and Ireland
The Six Nations are struggling to save this season’s championship amid the devastation caused by coronavirus.
Ireland’s home game against Italy on Saturday week has been postponed and doubts have been raised about England’s visit to Rome the following weekend.
RFU and Italian Rugby Federation officials have expressed confidence that Eddie Jones will be able to complete their campaign as planned at the Stadio Olimpico on March 14.
Officials in Italy and the RFU are convinced that the England game in Rome will continue
The title would still be there for the taking, but whether the line-up continues will ultimately be determined by the public health advice that each union receives from their respective governments.
The Irish Government acted decisively by postponing three games against Italy after the death toll in the country rose to 12 of 378 reported cases. The competitions for women and for less than 20 scheduled for March 8 in Dublin were also put on hold, calling into question the viability of the Six Nations.
Officials from all six countries and the organizing committee will hold discussions in the coming days on how and when to postpone postponed matches.
The Irish government postponed their home game with Italy due to travel health concerns
The competitions for ladies and for less than 20 scheduled for March 8 in Dublin were also put on hold
The Six Nations certainly seem to be overflowing, just like after a delay due to an outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease in 2001 when it was not completed until October.
The next available date that would not cause a major disruption to the club calendar is the European Cup semi-final weekend in early May.
Grand Slam chasing may have won the Six Nations by then, but as it looks now, Ireland can still have a chance if their rivals slip away.
The Italian sports ministry has informed the Six Nations that there are no plans to extend the current travel restrictions that expire on Sunday, and points out that the Lazio Serie A match with Bologna at the Stadio Olimpico will take place on Saturday.
Up to 20,000 fans in England are planning to travel to Rome for the height of their Six Nations campaign, but their number may be limited due to concerns that the outbreak of the virus in Northern Italy could spread.
The title can still be at stake with the contenders of France, England and Ireland to triumph
The whore of England, Jamie George, is convinced that after their experience at last year’s World Cup in Japan, where their training base was relocated and a group match against France was canceled due to a typhoon, the players could face any disruption.
“What we can do is gain a lot of confidence from the way we deal with Typhoon Hagibis in Japan,” he said. “We have the best admin staff in the area, so we know we can handle everything. As a team, we are confident that the best decision will be made and that we will be in the best position. It is a difficult situation, but out of our control. “
The Football Association also maintains contacts with the government, as Italy has to take on a friendly fight against England in Wembley on March 27, but there are no plans yet to postpone the Euro 2020 warm-up match. UEFA has confirmed that they are still working according to the scheduled schedule for that tournament, which will take place in Rome against Italy against Turkey on 12 June, but will review the situation.
“Euro 2020 starts in Rome on 12 June 2020,” said a statement. “UEFA is in contact with the relevant international and local authorities about coronavirus and its development. At the moment it is not necessary to change anything in the planned timetable. The problem is constantly monitored. “
The whore of England, Jamie George, is convinced that the players can handle any disturbance
Racing’s Cheltenham Festival continues with director Ian Renton who says there are no plans to limit the 250,000 spectators who attend the four-day event behind closed doors every year, the policy adopted by racing authorities in Hong Kong in recent weeks.
“In reality, we are here to organize the festival for owners, trainers, horses, and racegoers,” Renton said. “That is what the festival is all about.”
The Olympic Games will also continue as planned in July and August, although Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has called for the sport in the country to be scrapped for fourteen days to stop the virus from spreading. England and Wales have to make rugby tours in Japan this summer.
The tournament seems to be surpassed as in 2001 because of foot-and-mouth disease