Drunk driver returning from Macca’s in Burwood falls asleep behind the wheel and crashes into the car
Shocking moment when a driver hits his BOSSES Hilux against a parked car after a nighttime Macca’s run
- The 26-year-old was driving the boss’s car when he fell asleep behind the wheel
- Driving back from McDonald’s in Burwood, he bumped into a parked Toyota
- The Toyota was pushed 10 meters onto the footpath and completely written off
- Fiona Tse owns the Toyota and said the crash sounded like an “explosion.”
- Police arrived on the scene and arrested the driver who said he had fallen asleep
A man driving home from McDonald’s while reportedly twice above the legal alcohol limit crashed his boss’s truck into a parked car.
The 26-year-old drove his bosses Hilux in Burwood, inland Sydney, on Friday night when he reportedly fell asleep at the wheel.
His truck then collided with a parked Toyota and pushed him up the sidewalk for 10 meters.
The Hilux (right) collided with the parked Toyota (left) and pushed it 10 meters onto the footpath
CCTV shows that the Hilux accelerates while colliding with the Toyota.
Fiona Tse, owner of the brand new Toyota, said the crash sounded like an “explosion.”
“I heard a really big sound that looked like an explosion,” she said Nine news.
She called for more severe penalties for drunk drivers because “they don’t take responsibility for the lives of others.”
Her brand new car was written off and towed away with the Hilux.
Police arrived on the scene and arrested the driver who told them he had fallen asleep behind the wheel.
Fiona Tse (pictured) owns the brand new Toyota and said the crash sounded like an ‘explosion’
Police arrived on the scene and arrested the driver who told them he fell asleep behind the wheel (photo: Hilux bumped into Toyota)