Wayne Rooney could be caught scurrying around a stripper’s pole with scantily clad Rebekah Vardy and his wife Coleen would still turn a blind eye.
No one involved in this filthy mess—including the young ladies who filmed Wayne in the early morning hours while he was asleep—looks but awful.
But whatever happened in that hotel room, he’s a married 35-year-old father of four impressionable young boys, not to mention the Derby County manager.
Why on earth did he allow 21-year-old model Tayler Ryan and her friends Elise Melvin and Brooke Morgan into his VIP booth at Chinawhite nightclub on Saturday night?
And why the hell did he take them back to a cheap £60 hotel room at 5.15am, where they later embarrassed him by posting several photos on social media that have now gone viral with captions like Mooney Rooney and Sleepy Wayne?
Whatever happened in that hotel room, Wayne Rooney (pictured with his wife Coleen in 2018) is a married 35-year-old father of four impressionable young boys, not to mention the Derby County manager
In fact, when the hell will he grow up and stop humiliating his unwaveringly loyal wife, who is now on holiday with their four sons in Abersoch, North Wales?
We all know the answer by now: Never.
And as a result, I don’t feel a shred of sympathy for Coleen anymore.
The nation took Coleen – Wayne’s schoolgirl sweetheart became the famous WAG – into our hearts when she stood by her husband despite sleeping with prostitutes, including a grandmother, 17 years ago as a quirky teenage boy with the world at his feet.
The situation was humiliating everywhere, but it was a youthful indiscretion that could be forgiven.
The nation took Coleen – Wayne’s schoolgirl sweetheart became the famous WAG – into our hearts when she stood by her husband 17 years ago despite sleeping with prostitutes, including a grandmother. In the photo the Rooney family
Sadly, Wayne didn’t grow up and the behavior never stopped, with the cycle of ritual humiliation for Coleen repeated once every few years.
More from Dan Wootton for MailOnline…
- DAN WOOTTON: Will Harry’s self-service book finally free the palace staff to clarify how they survived to work for the Sussexes? 26/07/21
- EXCLUSIVE – ‘This is the final nail in Harry’s coffin’: DAN WOOTTON reveals growing royal anger over all-encompassing book that will overshadow Queen’s platinum anniversary and threaten Charles’ plan to make Camilla his queen 20/07/21
- DAN WOOTTON: The schizophrenic Boris has to make a decision – either Covid is still a deadly threat and we should all be in lockdown. Or is it just another flu and we have to move on with our lives 19/07/21
- Don’t betray the memory of your father, Charles: The dutiful Prince Edward and his faithful wife Sophie deserve so much better than to be denied the title they were promised on their wedding day, writes DAN WOOTTON 14/07/21
- DAN WOOTTON: Sunday was a heartthrob, but from Jeremy Clarkson to Kate, the Queen of Hugs, here are my ten huge reasons to still be merry this summer if you’re English 12/07/21
- DAN WOOTTON: Didn’t it feel good to hug a total stranger last night? Win or lose, Sunday will be England’s REAL Freedom Day – whether Boris likes it or not 08/07/21
- How about Boris, asks DAN WOOTTON: By medaling the entire NHS, the Queen – whose own family hardly ever uses it – has made this entrenched organization untouchable 05/07/21
- DAN WOOTTON: I know I shouldn’t cry over a statue, but it was heartbreaking to see Diana’s two sons together – but so clearly still so far apart – 01/07/21
- DAN WOOTTON: Hands, face, space? More like Handsy, eat face, no space. The insufferable, cheating, ‘effing useless’ Hancock is now a national joke and must go today 25/06/21
- VIEW FULL ARCHIVE
Getting caught surrounded by spunky young ladies breaking wind over him on TikTok apparently isn’t, says Dan Wootton
Now I believe Coleen has been complicit in allowing her husband to continue living this way.
While Cheryl Tweedy gave her love rat husband Ashley Cole a few chances before finally throwing in the towel, Coleen has succumbed to this toxic behavior pattern that will dominate her life.
Maybe she’ll take off her wedding ring for a few days to message the paparazzi.
Or have friends notify the papers that she’s finally considering filing for divorce, and then fails to go through with it.
Or throw another expensive vacation on Wayne’s credit card.
But he KNOWS he gets away with whatever he does.
Perhaps there will come a time when Col finally says to her husband: The humiliation is too much.
But getting caught surrounded by spunky young ladies breaking wind over him on TikTok apparently isn’t.
A source told The Sun newspaper today: “Coleen is completely behind (Wayne). She feels like he’s been the victim of a stab. She has spoken to him and fully supports his version of events. They are very strong.’
If you believe that, you also believe that Wayne goes to bed at night and reads The Complete Works of Shakespeare.
It’s reported that the multimillionaire may have gotten the photos the next morning from an unknown party that read, “Morning Wayne 10 grand, please mate or Coleen sees this.”
Cheshire Police investigated for blackmail and said the case was closed.
Model Tayler Ryan pictured with ex-England football ace Rooney as they were partying in Manchester on Saturday night
And the blackmail claim doesn’t give Wayne a card to get out of jail with Coleen.
He allowed himself to be put in such a compromising position to begin with.
Perhaps Coleen, like so many couples, has decided to turn a blind eye.
She loves her husband and understands that this particular leopard will never change his spots, but doesn’t want to tear her family apart, with all the inevitable trauma their boys would cause.
I wouldn’t judge that decision, but it would be better for her friends to be honest about that, rather than asking the public to somehow believe that Wayne is a victim of young women taking advantage.
If it was the first time, perhaps we would suspend our disbelief.
Snapchat model Ms. Ryan (left) and her friends Elise Melvin (right) and Brooke Morgan reportedly partied Saturday night with Wayne Rooney at Manchester’s exclusive Chinawhite club
But that’s not it. Far from. In fact, there are way too many grimy moments that I’m not going to repeat.
So it’s time for Coleen to honestly and openly acknowledge what’s really going on in their marriage.
Which I’m pretty sure it goes something like this…
Wayne is a total instrument. He has cheated on me over and over, including with prostitutes, and I have learned to forgive him.
He can’t stand his drink. But I want him to get help.
He puts himself in terrible positions with other women, which devastates me, but is not enough to leave my marriage.
I would have more respect for that position than Coleen standing blindly beside her husband, however inappropriate his behavior, and expecting the public to believe that everything will be okay in their football fairy tale.