CBS CEO Les Moonves will resign his position in the next 24 hours.
The news comes after six more women raised accusations of assault and harassment against Moonves in a press release published on Sunday.
The new disclosures occur when the media company negotiates its exit following the similar claims previously made by six other women against the executive.
The incidents, which the women said occurred between the 1980s and early 2000s, were published in a New Yorker story and included claims of forced sex, Moonves exposing himself and the use of physical violence and intimidation. The six women were named. Reuters could not contact them immediately for comment.
Six weeks after the explosive story of the New Yorker in which six women accused the president and CEO of CBS Corp., Les Moonves, of harassment and sexual intimidation that goes back several decades, the magazine has published a follow-up article, which contains new sexual assaults.
Moonves, 68, who joined CBS in 1995 and became CEO in 2006, could not be contacted immediately on Sunday after the latest statements. In a statement to the magazine, Moonves acknowledged three of the meetings, but said they were consensual.
"The appalling accusations in this article are false," Moonves told the New Yorker. "What is certain is that I had consensual relationships with three of the women about 25 years ago before coming to CBS, and I have never used my position to impede the advancement or careers of women, in my 40 years of work, I never I had previously heard of such disturbing accusations, I can only assume that they are now emerging for the first time, decades later, as part of a concerted effort by others to destroy my name, my reputation and my career. "
CBS said on Sunday that it takes such accusations very seriously.
Les Moonves is negotiating a possible exit from CBS, since he is being investigated for sexual misconduct (Moonves in the photo with the wife of CBS boss Julie Chen)
"The CBS Board of Directors is committed to a thorough and independent investigation of the allegations, and that investigation is actively ongoing," the media company's board of directors said in a statement.
A representative of CBS controlling shareholder Shari Redstone and National Amusements declined to comment.
The New Yorker reported on Sunday that the six additional women said that Moonves also retaliated after he was turned down, damaging his careers.
In August, CBS hired two law firms to investigate allegations of sexual assault and unwanted advances after a New Yorker report filed lawsuits against Moonves of six women spanning different periods for more than two decades, from 1985 to 2006.
Following the report of The New Yorker in August, Moonves said he was sorry "immensely". make some women uncomfortable in making progress, but added that he respected the principle that & # 39; no & # 39; means & # 39; no & # 39; and stated that he had never abused his position to harm her. or hinder someone's career.
The author of New Yorker articles, Ronan Farrow, previously wrote reports that contributed to the resignation of Hollywood film producer Harvey Weinstein from his film and television studio after accusations of sexual misconduct.
Weinstein has denied the allegations, but his downfall helped spawn the #MeToo movement that has forced the resignation of powerful men in Hollywood, the United States and politics.
The CBS board has been in talks with Moonves to negotiate his departure, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters. Those conversations are taking place while CBS and Redstone and National Amusements are also resolving a legal dispute over control of CBS.