Yoni Steam: Meaning, Who May Be Concerned, And Benefits
The long-time tradition of yoni steaming has been practiced for centuries. But it has been coming to the fore recently. Yoni is a Sanskrit word for vagina, womb, or the origin of life. Yoni steam is a widespread health practice where a woman experiences the warmth of herbal steam permeating her vagina. The heat brings warmth and encourages relaxation, while the steam also carries the healing properties and the essence of the herbs. This ancient remedy is common amongst women worldwide. Many healers and midwives use Yoni steam to support the female reproductive system and aid fertility.
Yoni steam is calming and rejuvenating. That fosters awareness and a deeper relationship between a woman and the most intimate and sensitive parts of her body. It unlocks the magic of your womb and relieves stress and tension. Trust me; there’s a lot you need to learn about Yoni steam. Let’s start with who should practice Yoni steaming!
Who Should Be Yoni Steaming?
This practice is for all women. Yoni steaming is an excellent opportunity to connect with your body and experience vibrancy in your feminine core. You will likely see changes if you suffer from painful periods, infertility, tears, yeast infections, etc. That’s not all. Yoni steaming is also a great idea, even if you are not dealing with any of the above. It could be for any of the following reasons:
- To soothe, pamper yourself and relieve anxiety as a woman.
- You want more self-care options for your vagina
- You want to experience pleasurable sensations all over your body
- You just had a baby
- You feel disconnected from your sexuality and femininity
Benefits of Yoni Steaming
Many sources have reported the fantastic benefits of Yoni steaming. This includes but is not limited to herbal practitioners, real-life case studies from women, the Maya in Central America, and more. Some of the benefits include:
- Reduce pain, bloating, exhaustion, and menstrual cramps.
- Balance menstrual flow
- Revitalize the womb after childbirth
- More enjoyable sex
- Regulate Irregular period
- Improve Fertility
- Reduce uterine fibroids, endometriosis, and ovarian cysts
- Detoxify the womb
- Relieve vaginal infections
- Improved mind and body connection
These are just a few of the benefits. As you continue practicing, you’ll discover more reasons to steam every day.
Precautions of Use
There are different reasons and seasons in your life that you should not do the steam. Such as:
- Pregnant women should not engage in Yoni steaming. Doing this may endanger the baby, as most herbs can alter your hormones and can lead to early contractions of the uterus.
- It is not recommended for women who have Intrauterine devices (IUD). This could cause the shedding of the uterine tissue in a way that could dislodge or shift the IUD.
- Do not steam while on your period, when you have blisters or open sores on your vulva, and if you have genital piercings.
What is the Point of Yoni Herbs?
Yoni steaming is incomplete without herbs. Yoni herbs have therapeutic qualities. The smell of the herbs alone is enjoyable and stimulates relaxation. Beyond the aroma, the steam carries the essential oils in the herbs to your delicate parts. Best herbs for Yoni steams include:
- Lemon Balm and more
These herbs have remarkable properties. They support the reproductive organs, tighten the vagina, moisturize, and soothe your internal organs.
How Often You Should Yoni Steam
Every woman has a different menstrual cycle and a different body. Always listen to your body. If you have a healthy cycle, you should consider yoni steam once or twice a month, before your period and after.
After steaming, you’ll feel relaxed and happy. You can wrap yourself in warm blankets and rest in bed. The herbs will work on your reproductive system while you sleep, and you’ll wake up the following day feeling happy, pampered, nurtured, and rejuvenated.