Mum discovers Woolworths customers can buy the supermarket’s popular sandwich schnitzel at the checkout – and it’s HALF the price
- An Australian mum has discovered she can buy schnitzel by the box at Woolworths
- The popular dinner item is usually available at the deli for $2.50 each
- The mom got the whole box of 30 for $37.50 – meaning each schnitzel was $1.25
- Woolies fans were surprised and delighted to hear about the money saving deal
One lucky Australian mum discovered that Woolworths is selling their popular deli chicken sandwich schnitzel at the till.
She made big savings by buying the box of 30 schnitzels at its bulk price, with each schnitzel coming in at $1.25 each instead of the usual price of $2.50 apiece.
The mother shared her post to the popular Facebook group Budget Friendly Meals Australia.
One lucky Aussie mum got a box of 30 Woolworth deli chicken schnitzels after discovering the store sells them by the box
“I’m not sure if I’ve been living under a rock … but you can buy Woolworths deli sandwich schnitzel at the till!” said the mother.
‘There are 30 schnitzels in a box, and since they were $1.25 each, I got them for that price. You just ask at the deli counter’.
The mother advised that to get the deal, “just ask for them at the register at the deli counter”.
Other Woolies fans who knew about the purchase informed the mother that she could buy many items in bulk from the deli, including kievs, chicken skewers with a tray of 20, hot dogs, burgers and chicken mignons.
The box of 30 schnitzels costs 37.50, which is only $1.25, half the price of the product if you were to buy it individually
Woolie’s fans in the Facebook group couldn’t believe their eyes at the amazing move.
‘Excuse me, what? I need this!’ said a woman.
One woman went straight to the deli and ordered two boxes of kievs: “the checkout lady thought I was mad,” she laughed.
Many wondered if the schnitzel comes frozen, but apparently they generally come thawed.
Another woman told me that the 12 packs of schnitzels from the meat department cost only 92c each. schnitzel.
Each schnitzel is normally $2.50 each from the deli counter at Woolworths
Several people began to nastily question the nutritional value of the chicken schnitzel, and the mother had to turn off comments on the post.
“Ok, I’m closing comments. A lot of people who have commented in this thread need to re-read [group] rules, said the mother.
Many other mothers defended the post.
‘Can someone tell me where to go [the shopper] Asked for the health benefits/lack of this product? Oh that’s right, she didn’t! said a woman.
‘She posted a budget friendly meal which *shock* is exactly what this group is all about. Some of you need to find another group to discuss chicken strife and the health benefits of this product.’
What’s the best way to cut your grocery bill?
* Label items and meals with their expiration date so they don’t spoil before you notice
* Be organized with meal preparation and have good quality containers
* Buy easy to cook foods and chop vegetables in advance as part of your meal preparation
* Freeze meals ahead of time to avoid giving in to a takeaway when you get home hungry
* Get creative with your leftovers
*Buy non-perishable products in bulk when they are on sale, such as pasta, canned tomatoes, rice, coffee pods, tea bags, toilet paper, puff pastry and cheese
* Stay up to date with deals and plan your meals around what’s on sale that week, then make your shopping list, specifying which items you want to get at each store
* Go to the local greengrocer to buy fruits and vegetables that are in season