WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

Woman with severe nut allergy almost dies after drinking almond milk latte from McDonald’s

McDonald’s customer with severe nut allergy nearly DIES after drinking a coffee from the fast food restaurant – because it was made with the wrong milk

  • Savannah Kyriazopoulos, 24, had an allergic reaction when she got the wrong coffee
  • She told McDonald’s staff that she was allergic to nuts but received almond milk
  • Make-up artist crashed her car when she gasped, she was rushed to the hospital
  • Mrs. Kyriazopoulos says that employees put her life at risk because they were careless

A make-up artist with a serious nut allergy claims that she almost died after drinking a McDonald’s coffee made with the wrong milk.

Savannah Kyriazopoulos, 24, had three sips of her latte when her throat began to close as she drove home from McDonald’s in Dapto, in Wollongong, NSW, on Tuesday morning.

Mrs. Kyriazopoulos got an anaphylactic shock after she accidentally received a coffee made with almond milk.

Mrs. Kyriazopoulos, who has a severe nut allergy, received a coffee with almond milk and received an anaphylactic shock

Mrs. Kyriazopoulos, who has a severe nut allergy, received a coffee with almond milk and received an anaphylactic shock

As the young make-up artist gasped for air, she lost control of her car and hit it in a letterbox.

“My life flashed before my eyes, everything went black, I was just so desperate to breathe.”

Fortunately, Mrs. Kyriazopoulos EpiPen with her and she was able to inject herself with the adrenaline before calling her sister for help who was in the area.

She was then rushed to the hospital where she received more adrenaline to open her airways.

While the young make-up artist gasped for air, she lost control of her car and hit it in a letterbox

As the young make-up artist gasped for air, she lost control of her car and hit it in a letterbox

While the young make-up artist gasped for air, she lost control of her car and hit it in a letterbox

Mrs. Kyriazopoulos told Daily Mail Australia that she believes McDonald’s staff was careless and endangered her life.

She said she had informed the staff of her allergy when she ordered the coffee and repeatedly checked if she was getting whole milk.

Her receipt even said “whole milk.”

“People just think you’re picky and may not like the taste, but your throat can close and you can die,” she said.

“I tasted it and I thought” this doesn’t taste good, “but I thought they might just put some sugar in it.

Savannah Kyriazopoulos, 24, had three sips of her latte when her throat began to close as she drove home from McDonald's in Dapto, in Wollongong, NSW, on Tuesday morning

Savannah Kyriazopoulos, 24, had three sips of her latte when her throat began to close as she drove home from McDonald's in Dapto, in Wollongong, NSW, on Tuesday morning

Savannah Kyriazopoulos, 24, had three sips of her latte when her throat began to close as she drove home from McDonald’s in Dapto, in Wollongong, NSW, on Tuesday morning

Ms. Kyriazopoulos said that McDonald's staff needs to be trained to prevent similar incidents from reoccurring

Ms. Kyriazopoulos said that McDonald's staff needs to be trained to prevent similar incidents from reoccurring

Ms. Kyriazopoulos said that McDonald’s staff needs to be trained to prevent similar incidents from reoccurring

“Fortunately, I was not far from home when the reaction began – I was off the highway and in a quiet street – otherwise it could have been much worse.”

She said staff must be trained to prevent similar incidents.

“It’s more serious than these people realize.

“The nurses said that if I came five minutes later, I wouldn’t be here.”

A spokesperson for McDonald’s Australia told Daily Mail Australia in a statement: “The safety and quality of the food and drink that we serve our customers has top priority for us.”

‘We have thoroughly investigated this situation, including the assessment of CCTV, and can confirm that the customer has received the ordered small iced latte.

‘From the CCTV recordings we confirmed that the packet of almond milk was not touched or poured while the customer’s order was placed.

“There were also no orders for almond milk in the restaurant during the time the customer’s order was prepared and served.”

WHAT IS ANAPHYLACTIC SHOCK?

Anaphylaxis, also known as anaphylactic shock, can kill within minutes.

It is a serious and potentially life-threatening response to a trigger, such as an allergy.

The reaction can often be caused by certain foods, including peanuts and shellfish.

However, some drugs, bee stings and even latex used in condoms can also cause the life-threatening reaction.

According to the NHS, it happens when the immune system reacts too strongly to a trigger.

Symptoms include: light-headedness or fainting; breathing difficulties – such as fast, superficial breathing; wheezing; a fast heartbeat; damp skin; confusion and fear and collapse or lose consciousness.

It is considered a medical emergency and requires immediate treatment.

Insect stings are not dangerous for most victims, but a person does not necessarily have to have an already existing condition to be in danger.

An increasing accumulation of stitches can cause a person to develop an allergy, with a subsequent sting causing the anaphylactic reaction.

.

Comments
Loading...