Woman with condition that prevents her from eating, calls men to her facial tube
Young Australian woman with rare condition calls out boys after dirty school drunkenness: ‘Just don’t do it’
- Brisbane teen Hilary Thomass is tired of being called out for her looks
- Currently on Schoolies, the youngster took to TikTok to vent about ‘drunk men’
- Clip’s message was – ‘just don’t do it’ – a reference to rude questions from strangers
A teenage girl with a rare physical condition called out “men” on Schoolies, aggressively asking about her facial tube.
Brisbane teenager Hilary Thomass posted a video to TikTok with a clear message to those allegedly intoxicated about her appearance: ‘Just don’t do it’.
Mrs. Thomas wears a nasojejunal (NJ) tube down the side of her face, making her stand out in a crowd.
Hilary Thomass from Brisbane posted a video on TikTok with a clear message to those who would inquire about her appearance drunk: ‘Just don’t do it’
Mrs. Thomas lives with a nasojejunal (NJ) tube down the side of her face, often causing people to question her appearance
The thin, soft device is placed in her nose, goes through her stomach, and ends in the jejunum (jue-joo-num), part of the small intestine.
“My bowels are partially paralyzed, which makes eating and drinking very difficult,” she says.
“I have it (facial tube) because I have gastroparesis and intestinal paresis.
“It’s painful and I’m often nauseous…and I’m tube fed pretty much 24/7.
“I take a backpack to school. It’s a little embarrassing, but I’ll get over that.”
Many people sympathized with Ms. Thomas in her latest video.
“Forget the hate, live life to the fullest,” one suggested. Another said, “You’re beautiful anyway.”
In a previous TikTok clip, Ms Thomass explained in detail how her face tube works every day
The determined teen is determined to live her best life (pictured, formally at her school)
What is a nasojejunal (NJ) tube?
- A nasojejunal (NJ) tube is a thin, soft tube that is inserted through the nose, passes through the stomach, and ends in the jejunum (jue-joo-num), part of the small intestine
- The NJ tube is soft and flexible so it can go through both areas comfortably
- In the jejunum, food and medicines are quickly absorbed into the body
- The tubes are intended for short-term use. They need to be replaced regularly depending on the type of pipe