Dramatic moment when a woman clings to a ledge outside her apartment while fire comes in before she is rescued by firefighters in Spain
- A woman is rescued from a flat on the third floor if there is a & # 39; violent & # 39; fire rages
- Heavy smoke is bathed out of the window in L & Hospitalet del Llobregat, Barcelona
- Her sister Catiusca, cousin Jan, 3, and niece Anna, six months old, died
This is the terrifying moment when firefighters fight to rescue a woman who grabs a window frame on the third floor to escape a furious fire inside.
The woman, who is not mentioned, lost her sister, three-year-old cousin and six-month-old niece to the & # 39; violent & # 39; fire that quickly destroyed the apartment they shared in Barcelona.
A spectator recorded the moment when she escaped the heavy smoke and flames through the window before firefighters helped her to the apartment downstairs just after 6:40 am yesterday.
A woman, not mentioned, stands at the top of a window while a fire destroys the inside of an apartment just after 6:40 am in Barcelona
Smoke can be seen from the flat above her while the fireman hands her a rope and ties a harness around her waist in L & Hospitalet del Llobregat, in the eastern Spanish region of Catalonia.
The fireman then helps her to swing down to the flat below where one of his colleagues pulls her through the open window.
The fire ended with the death of mother Catiusca and her two young children, Jan, three and Anna, six months old.
Smoke can be seen wavy from the flat above her while the fireman hands her a rope and ties a harness around her waist in L & Hospitalet del Llobregat, in the eastern Spanish region of Catalonia
The baby was taken to Sant Joan de Deu hospital in serious condition, but died hours later, while her mother and brother died in the flat, according to local media.
In the meantime, aunt and grandmother suffered only minor injuries in the blaze, requiring firefighters for more than 30 minutes to extinguish.
Francesc Belver, L & # 39; Hospitalet de Llobregat councilor, told local media: & # 39; It was a violent fire that burned very quickly. & # 39;
The police started an investigation into the incident and confirmed that the residents of the flat were not squatters and had a contract with an electricity company.