Woman finds black lump in Cheesecake Factory meal – is it a dead frog?

0

A shocked woman has revealed that she found a mysterious object in her mashed potatoes from The Cheesecake Factory that she initially thought was a dead frog – but now the fear was actually a lump of black fungus.

Bethany, known as @ bethanybutwith2arms on TikTok, shared a disturbing video of them poking the unidentifiable piece in her restaurant chain to-container after eating most of the side dish.

‘What the hell is it? What is this? It’s in my potatoes. It’s like indestructible, ” said the Florida resident in the clip, which has been viewed over 9.3 million times in just one day.

Nightmare: A woman shared her horror after discovering a mysterious black lump in a dish of mashed potatoes from The Cheesecake Factory - which she initially thought was a frog

Nightmare: A woman shared her horror after discovering a mysterious black lump in a dish of mashed potatoes from The Cheesecake Factory – which she initially thought was a frog

Oh sir: Bethany, University of Florida student known as @ bethanybutwith2arms on TikTok, shared a disturbing video of the lump in the app where it quickly went viral

Oh sir: Bethany, University of Florida student known as @ bethanybutwith2arms on TikTok, shared a disturbing video of the lump in the app where it quickly went viral

Oh sir: Bethany, University of Florida student known as @ bethanybutwith2arms on TikTok, shared a disturbing video of the lump in the app where it quickly went viral

Unwell: 'What the f ** k?  What is this?  It's in my potatoes.  It's like indestructible, '' said the Florida resident in the clip, which has been viewed over 9.3 million times in just one day.

Unwell: 'What the f ** k?  What is this?  It's in my potatoes.  It's like indestructible, '' said the Florida resident in the clip, which has been viewed over 9.3 million times in just one day.

Unwell: ‘What the f ** k? What is this? It’s in my potatoes. It’s like indestructible, ” said the Florida resident in the clip, which has been viewed over 9.3 million times in just one day.

Investigation: After sharing images of her initial findings in the app, Bethany revealed she contacted professors from her university to try and find out exactly what the lump was

Investigation: After sharing images of her initial findings in the app, Bethany revealed she contacted professors from her university to try and find out exactly what the lump was

Investigation: After sharing images of her initial findings in the app, Bethany revealed she contacted professors from her university to try and find out exactly what the lump was

Investigation: After sharing images of her initial findings in the app, Bethany revealed she contacted professors from her university to try and find out exactly what the lump was

Investigation: After sharing images of her initial findings in the app, Bethany revealed she contacted professors from her university to try and find out exactly what the lump was

The footage then cut to her as she rinsed the dark object in her sink. She revealed in the caption that she thought it was a baby frog.

Bethany looked like she was going to throw up at the end of the clip.

“There was a FROG in my Cheesecake Factory order. Should I sue, ”she asked in the caption.

Viewers were just as disgusting, with many commenting that if that happened to them, they would be traumatized for life.

“I would just never eat again,” commented one, while another added, “I don’t think I would stop crying.”

“I would have threw up then and there,” someone else insisted.

Others could not understand how she stabbed the object at the end of her meal, not knowing what it was.

Bethany was so shocked that she contacted a professor at the University of Florida to help her find out what it was.

“I’m not one of your students at UF, but I would really appreciate some help dissecting something I’ve found,” she wrote, sharing images of the mysterious lump in her food.

Helping Hand: Bethany contacted professor Keith Choe, a university plant biologist, and sent images of the lump she found

Helping Hand: Bethany contacted professor Keith Choe, a university plant biologist, and sent images of the lump she found

Helping Hand: Bethany contacted professor Keith Choe, a university plant biologist, and sent images of the lump she found

Support: Professor Choe sent Bethany to a colleague who is a better fit for her, but noted that he thought the lump looked like 'a frog or a little toad'

Support: Professor Choe sent Bethany to a colleague who is a better fit for her, but noted that he thought the lump looked like 'a frog or a little toad'

Support: Professor Choe sent Bethany to a colleague who is a better fit for her, but noted that he thought the lump looked like ‘a frog or a little toad’

It goes on: Bethany has now taken the piece to a lab to be examined and tested, but she revealed that an expert had warned her it could be black mold

It goes on: Bethany has now taken the piece to a lab to be examined and tested, but she revealed that an expert had warned her it could be black mold

It goes on: Bethany has now taken the piece to a lab to be examined and tested, but she revealed that an expert had warned her it could be black mold

It goes on: Bethany has now taken the piece to a lab to be examined and tested, but she revealed that an expert had warned her it could be black mold

It goes on: Bethany has now taken the piece to a lab to be examined and tested, but she revealed that an expert had warned her it could be black mold

“This may sound ridiculous, but I was eating at the Cheesecake Factory tonight and believe there was a frog in my mashed potatoes.

“I know this may sound funny, but if you can help me dissect this and determine if it’s a frog, I’d appreciate it.”

The professor was actually a plant biologist and eventually referred Bethany to a ‘herpetologist colleague’ to inspect the object.

After the meeting, she revealed that the herpetologist believes it is black mold, but it will need further testing to be sure.

Exposure to black mold and poisoning can cause a wide variety of health problems, including coughing, rashes and irritation of the mucous membranes of the nose and throat, among others.

Long-term exposure can lead to more serious symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the lungs and nose.

Danger: Exposure to black mold and poisoning can cause a wide variety of health problems, including coughing, rashes, and irritation of the mucous membranes of the nose and throat

Danger: Exposure to black mold and poisoning can cause a wide variety of health problems, including coughing, rashes, and irritation of the mucous membranes of the nose and throat

Danger: Exposure to black mold and poisoning can cause a wide variety of health problems, including coughing, rashes, and irritation of the mucous membranes of the nose and throat

Symptoms?  In a follow-up video, Bethany revealed how the back of her throat was red after eating the mashed potatoes, leading her to believe she might have eaten black mold.

Symptoms?  In a follow-up video, Bethany revealed how the back of her throat was red after eating the mashed potatoes, leading her to believe she might have eaten black fungus.

Symptoms? In a follow-up video, Bethany revealed how the back of her throat was red after eating the mashed potatoes, leading her to believe she might have eaten black mold.

In a follow-up video, Bethany revealed how the back of her throat was red after eating the mashed potatoes.

“My throat started to really hurt after yesterday,” she explained. “I think it might be fungus, so …”

Bethany explained in her most recent post that she won’t know if the object is black mold until she has it tested in a lab.

“I’ve had disease symptoms related to black mold consumption and I’m going to see a doctor,” she wrote. “Now I have school and other things, this is going to take time.”

In a statement to DailyMail.com, a spokesperson for The Cheesecake Factory said it was “ very concerned to hear of this incident ” and “ had contact with ” Bethany – suggesting that the lump she found might be a of poor quality ‘.

“We set high standards for our food quality and were very disappointed with this disappointing experience,” the statement read.

‘Although we have not had the opportunity to inspect the object, based on the information provided by the guest, we think it is a poor quality potato. We contacted the guest to apologize and invite her back to the restaurant. ‘