Woman dies after being hit and dragged down a road by a truck carrying a bulldozer she was about to unload
- A pedestrian died after being hit by a truck carrying an excavator
- The incident occurred in Donvale, in east Melbourne on Tuesday morning
- It is believed that a man and a woman were preparing to unload the excavator
- The truck that was transporting it in an attached trailer suddenly started to move
- The woman was beaten and dragged before the truck collided with a nearby property
Lauren Ferri for Daily Mail Australia
A woman died in an accident with a truck carrying an excavator.
The pedestrian was hit and dragged by the truck at the intersection of Heads Road and Wattamolla Ridge in Donvale, east of Melbourne.
Emergency services were called to the intersection just after 7.30 am Thursday.
A woman was killed in an accident that involved a truck towing an excavator
The officers understand that a man and a woman were preparing to unload an excavator at Wattamolla Ridge.
The truck that was carrying the excavator in a hanging trailer suddenly began to move.
The excavator remained on top of the truck when it hit the pedestrian.
She was dragged by the truck before it hit a nearby property, and she suffered fatal injuries.
The paramedics ran to the scene, but the woman had already died.
Detectives from WorkSafe and Major Collision Investigation Unit are investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident.
The area remains closed as the investigation is ongoing.
The truck that was loading the bulldozer into a suddenly connected trailer began to move