A woman was taken to the hospital after being bitten by a deadly brown snake.
Emergency services were called to a home in Townsville, North Queensland, around 10 am on Friday to report that the woman was bitten by a brown snake, one of the most poisonous snakes in the world.
The woman from Queensland was taken to Hughenden Hosptal, where she remains in stable condition.
The news comes when the catchers warn that the snakes are back in motion for the breeding season.
A woman was taken to the hospital after being bitten by a deadly brown snake
Sunshine Coast Flycatcher Max Jackson (pictured) told the Daily Mail that people in Australia would probably see many more snakes now because it was mating season
Sunshine Coast snake catcher Max Jackson told the Daily Mail that people in Australia would probably see many more snakes now because it was breeding season.
This is the time of the year when the snakes go out to look for companions. We will begin by seeing many men who travel long distances in search of women, "he said.
While snakes were more prominent in the summer months, Jackson said that people probably see more snakes during the day in the spring.
"Snakes do not have the ability to heat up or cool down, so at this time of year they can be active all day," he said.
Jackson warned people to be vigilant when it came to particular areas around their homes.
"The main thing is to be aware of the gardening and while you're outside," he said.
& # 39; Anywhere under dense vegetation, trash, boards, or corrugated iron & # 39;
Sunshine Coast snake catcher Max Jackson told the Daily Mail that people would probably see many more snakes now because it was mating season
Jackson warned that it was time for people to be more attentive when it came to certain areas around their homes
While the snakes did not seek refuge inside the houses, he warned that people should not lower their guard.
"Snakes can enter through the extractors, and it's hard enough for them to enter from the roof, but it's definitely possible," he said.
"The snakes that are inside the toilets are really common, they can get into the fall.
"Whether they come from the plumbing or from the house, it definitely happens."
Jackson urged people not to take the risk if they saw a snake at home or in its vicinity.
Jackson urged people not to take a risk if they saw a snake in their house or near it.
The Sunshine Coast catcher said that even he would be terrified & # 39; of coming face to face with a brown snake with only one shovel
"The best thing you can do is contact a flytrap and leave it alone," he said.
"Definitely do not try to kill the snake, that's how 95% of people are bitten."
The Sunshine Coast catcher said that even he would be terrified & # 39; to face face to face with a brown snake with only one shovel.
"I would attack you 100%, so stay away because it is really very dangerous," he said.