Cruise ship docked in Sydney while patient tested for coronavirus leaves tomorrow after the results were negative – despite several customers getting sick
- Three people on a cruise ship were brought to the hospital with stomach problems
- A woman in her fifties was tested for coronavirus, but was soon erased
- The cruise ship, the Norwegian Jewel, arrived in Sydney on Friday morning
- NSW Health said the passenger was screened as a precaution
- Were you at the Norwegian Jewel? Email: email@example.com
A woman aboard a cruise ship tested for the deadly corona virus has been cleared and the ship is scheduled to leave Sydney on Saturday.
The Norwegian jewelery set up in Circular Quay on Friday before three people were brought to the hospital before 7.30 am after complaining about stomach problems.
A woman in her fifties was tested for various respiratory diseases, including the corona virus, but the results came back negative.
An NSW Health spokesperson said: ‘One passenger was tested for a range of respiratory diseases, including CoVID-19 (new coronavirus) and flu. The test results were negative for CoVID-19. “
Scroll down for video
A woman aboard a cruise ship tested for the deadly corona virus has been erased and the ship will depart from Sydney on Saturday
NSW Health said the woman was screened as a precaution.
A cruise ship spokesperson said the staff took swift action and the ship was disinfected as soon as it reached the terminal from Auckland.
“We have no guests with respiratory disorders on board,” they said.
“The ship remains in operation and all guests on board are in good health.”
There were no restrictions on the movements of passengers who were allowed to leave while the tests were taking place.
The ship, Norwegian Jewel, arrived in Sydney on Friday morning after a 10-day tour of New Zealand. Pictured is one of the passengers
The cruise ship arrived in Sydney after a 10-day tour of New Zealand. It will now find its way to Melbourne on Saturday.
The 294 meter ship has a guest capacity of 2376 people and 1060 crew members.
Australia currently has 15 confirmed coronavirus cases, while 11 Australians are among 65 newly confirmed cases on board the quarantined Diamond Princess cruise ship docked in Yokohama, Japan.
A crew member cleaning a handrail aboard the Norwegian Jewel cruise ship that is moored on Friday at the Circular Quay
Seen people near the Overseas Passenger Terminal where the Norwegian Jewel cruise ship is moored at Circular Quay in Sydney
An Australian tourist aboard Diamond Princess, Bianca D’Silva, called the ship a “floating prison.”
She was separated from her family and quarantined after she contracted the virus.
Mrs. D’Silva said she began to feel sick while all passengers were locked up in their cabins for a week during the outbreak.
“I got a lot of headache at first, when I was told that we were in quarantine, I started getting hot with fever,” she said.
“But otherwise I feel good … it just feels like I have a cold.”
The disease is believed to have originated in a market in Wuhan that sold wild animals and spread rapidly as people traveled to the new lunar holiday at the end of January.
The virus has so far spread to more than 20 countries and has prompted the World Health Organization to declare a global health emergency.
Paramedics were called to the international passenger terminal on Circular Quay shortly before 7:30 am on Friday when the ship, the Norwegian Jewel, docked
Saturday is two weeks ago that Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced a temporary 14-day ban on foreign travelers who have left mainland China or are passing through to arrive on our coast.
Health Minister Greg Hunt has warned that the travel ban will probably be extended if the global death toll rises to 1000.
Mr. Hunt added that the government acted on the basis of the best medical advice to implement the ban.
“Ultimately, it’s our job … our responsibility to provide protection and national health protection for the Australian people,” he said.
“They have been difficult decisions, but based on the medical advice and we will implement the medical advice.”
The government admits that the ban has taken its toll on the tourism industry, which is estimated to lose $ 1 billion a week.
Daily Mail Australia has contacted NSW Health and Norwegian Cruise Line for comments.
AUSTRALIA WITH THE CORONAVIRUS
NEW SOUTH WALES: 4
- Three men aged 43, 53 and 35 who had recently traveled to China have been confirmed to have contracted the disease.
- Two flew in from Wuhan, while the other arrived in Sydney from Shenzhen, South China.
- They are treated in isolation at Westmead Hospital and are in a stable condition.
- A 21-year-old woman is identified as the fourth person who tested positive for the disease in NSW.
- The woman, a student at UNSW, flew on flight MU749 to Sydney International Airport on January 23 and presented to the emergency department 24 hours later after developing flu-like symptoms.
- She is treated in isolation at Westmead Hospital.
- A Chinese citizen aged fifty will be the first confirmed case of the corona virus in Australia.
- The man flew from Wuhan via Guangzhou to Melbourne on January 19 on the Southern Southern flight CZ321.
- He is now in quarantine at the Monash Hospital in Clayton in the east of Melbourne.
- A Victorian man in his sixties is diagnosed with the corona virus.
- He became unwell on January 23 – two days after his return from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the outbreak.
- The man was confirmed as positive on January 29 and was subsequently seen by doctors at the Monash Medical Center. He was rated good enough to stay at home.
- A woman in her forties has a corona virus.
- She was visiting from China and mainly spent time with her family.
- She is being treated at the Royal Melbourne Hospital.
- A woman in her twenties in Melbourne appears to have the virus
QUEEN COUNTRY: 5
- Queensland confirms its first case after a 44-year-old Chinese subject was diagnosed with the virus.
- He is being treated at the Gold Coast University Hospital.
- A 42-year-old Chinese woman who traveled in the same Wuhan travel group as the 44-year-old man tested positive. She is in stable condition at the Gold Coast University Hospital.
- The corona virus has been diagnosed in an eight-year-old boy. He also comes from the travel group where the other Queensland cases came from
- The case was found in a 37-year-old man who was a member of a group of nine Chinese tourists in quarantine on the Gold Coast
- A 37-year-old woman was diagnosed with the corona virus of the same travel group that flew from Melbourne to Queensland on January 27
SOUTH AUSTRALIA: 2
- A Chinese couple in their sixties who arrived from Wuhan in Adelaide to visit relatives confirmed that they have coronavirus.
- It has been confirmed that two Australians have the virus in Wuhan itself. Australia has increased the travel alarm level to ‘not traveling’ for the city of Wuhan – the epicenter of the outbreak – and for the entire Hubei province.
- Chief Medical Officer Brendan Murphy says that unless people are in contact with someone who doesn’t feel well and comes from that part of China, there is no cause for concern.
- Four Australians are among the 65 newly confirmed coronavirus cases aboard the quarantined Diamond Princess cruise ship docked in Yokohama.