Wigan launches investigations into claims that their records were linked to betting on the club’s relegation
Wigan launches probe in shock claims their fall in administration was linked to a bet on the club’s relegation … and their furious players could take action against the EFL
Wigan Athletic administrators have launched an investigation into allegations – repeated by EFL chairman Rick Parry – that their plight is linked to a bet on the club’s relegation.
As reported by Sports email On Friday, Parry was secretly filmed, telling a supporter of the stricken Championship club that rumors were that the government they plunged into this week was related to “a bet in the Philippines that they would be demoted.”
Clearly, Begbies Traynor, the Wigan administrators, have opened a file and will investigate the dizzying claims.
Wigan has launched an investigation into allegations that their records are related to a bet
Rick Parry (L) said there was a rumor that Wigan’s plight is linked to a bet that they would be demoted
It can also be revealed that the 2013 FA Cup winners would raise a significant £ 2.3 million from the Premier League on July 24, after the top flight decided to file one of two installments of solidarity payments from August.
That money – along with £ 230,000 from the EFL – is no longer expected, however, given their records and the continuing threat of the decline.
Wigan, seven points away from the relegation zone, is faced with a 12-point deduction that would leave them at the bottom of the table.
Four weeks ago, they were sold from one Hong Kong-based company to another, both of which were owned by the same man, high-stakes poker player, Dr. Choi Chiu Fai Stanley.
Wigan faces a 12-point deduction that would keep them at the bottom of the championship
Wai Kay Au Yeung, a Chinese businessman, then replaced Choi as majority shareholder in Next Leader Fund – which the club acquired on June 2 from International Entertainment Corporation (IEC), a Hong Kong-based company in the Cayman Islands.
It is clear that the club’s players are considering legal action.
The team is furious that the EFL announced the deduction on Wednesday shortly after it was confirmed that Begbies Traynor had been appointed to save the championship club.
Players believe they will be penalized for failing the EFL test for owners and directors – previously known as the fit and proper persons test – when the club’s ownership passed from Hong Kong-based International Entertainment Corporation to the Next Leader Fund.
City MP Lisa Nandy has also urged the EFL not to hit Wigan with a points deduction
They are willing to seek legal advice to see if they can take action against the governing body for failing to protect the club from the new owners before imposing a fine that could ban Wigan from League One.
Meanwhile, the city’s MP, Lisa Nandy, has urged the EFL not to hit Wigan with a points deduction.
“It is a belief that the EFL allowed a sale four weeks ago and now the same organization is allowed to hit the club with a 12-point penalty,” Nandy said. Sports email.
“I’m not sure how the new ownership model could have been approved by the EFL. There must be a full application.
Wigan players can seek legal advice as to whether they can take action against the EFL
“The EFL should immediately withdraw the threat of a point penalty. Not only does this make the situation more difficult for the club in the short term, but it also cannot be correct that the same agency that approved the new ownership model for Wigan Athletic can punish the club for its shortcomings just weeks later. ‘
On Thursday, the club’s players, who face Brentford on Saturday, received an email saying they would not receive their wages on Friday after the club’s move to the administration.
The email has been seen through Sports email, was sent by the club’s human resources department saying “the companies cannot process payroll in time for tomorrow’s payday.”
When and as players are paid out, it is believed that they can only receive 20 percent of their monthly wages.