Widow of a beer tap inventor who died trapped in cooler at Atlanta Braves stadium complains team

The widow of a beer tap inventor, 48, who died of carbon monoxide poisoning after being trapped in the walk-in beer cooler of a baseball stadium, sues the Atlanta Braves and claims they knew doors were defective

  • Todd Keeling, 48, worked overnight to install his tap invention in June 2018
  • He died in Cooler 331 in SunTrust Park and his body was found 14.30 hours before the Atlanta Braves had to play Cincinnati Reds
  • Autopsy said he had a head injury and died of carbon monoxide poisoning
  • His & # 39; fall / collapse was very fast or that he was so disoriented that he was unable to form or act on logical thinking processes & # 39;
  • Widow filed a lawsuit on Friday claiming that the team and construction and beverage industry contractors knew the cooler door was defective
  • Court case states that there was no working carbon monoxide detector
Advertisements

The widow of a beer tap inventor who died in a walk-in cooler in the Atlanta Braves stadium, accuses a faulty door mechanism and deadly carbon dioxide leaks.

Angela Keeling made the allegations in an unlawful death case filed Friday against the Georgia team and more than a dozen other construction and drink contractors.

Todd Keeling, 48, from White Bear Lake, Minnesota, had done a night shift to install his beer-tapping invention in SunTrust Park when he died on June 26, 2018, his family told. The Atlanta Journal Constitution.

Colorless and odorless carbon dioxide filled the cooler, and Keeling got stuck inside because the mechanism of the inner door didn't work, the process states.

Advertisements

Angela Keeling, the widow of inventor of beer tap Todd Keeling, filed a lawsuit claiming on Friday that Atlanta Braves and his contractors knew that the door of the cooler her husband died in was defective

Angela Keeling, the widow of inventor of beer tap Todd Keeling, filed a lawsuit claiming on Friday that Atlanta Braves and his contractors knew that the door of the cooler her husband died in was defective

Todd Keeling, 48, worked overnight to install his tap invention in June 2018

Todd Keeling, 48, worked overnight to install his tap invention in June 2018

Todd Keeling, 48, worked overnight to install his tap invention in June 2018

He died in Cooler 331 in SunTrust Park and an autopsy said he had a head injury and died of carbon monoxide poisoning

He died in Cooler 331 in SunTrust Park and an autopsy said he had a head injury and died of carbon monoxide poisoning

He died in Cooler 331 in SunTrust Park and an autopsy said he had a head injury and died of carbon monoxide poisoning

Defendants have 30 days to respond.

Advertisements

An autopsy showed that Keeling had a head injury and said he died of carbon monoxide poisoning. It noted that his & # 39; fall / collapse was very fast or that he was so disoriented that he was unable to form or act on logical thinking processes & # 39 ;.

His body was found by an employee at 2.30 pm for a game against the Cincinnati Reds.

CPR attempts were unsuccessful.

The construction companies involved also knew about leaks in the coolers, but did not release them; and the cooler where Keeling died had no functioning carbon dioxide monitor or alarm, the process states.

& # 39; Defendants had factual and constructive knowledge of carbon dioxide leaks in the entire distribution system, including Cooler 331 (where Keeling was found) and the associated dangers, but by negligence allowed the leaks to remain undiminished & & # 39;

In a cooler behind a section 331 concession, his & # 39; fall / collapse was very fast or that he was so disoriented that he was unable to form or act upon logical thinking processes & # 39; (2017 file image)
Advertisements

In a cooler behind a section 331 concession, his & # 39; fall / collapse was very fast or that he was so disoriented that he was unable to form or act upon logical thinking processes & # 39; (2017 file image)

In a cooler behind a section 331 concession, his & # 39; fall / collapse was very fast or that he was so disoriented that he was unable to form or act upon logical thinking processes & # 39; (2017 file image)

His body was found 14.30 hours before Atlanta Braves would play Cincinnati Reds play

His body was found 14.30 hours before Atlanta Braves would play Cincinnati Reds play

His body was found 14.30 hours before Atlanta Braves would play Cincinnati Reds play

A collaboration of the builders of the stadium, based in Georgia, Alabama, Minnesota and Michigan, & # 39; received an email before Todd Keeling's death that there were problems with door opening mechanisms in coolers throughout the stadium & # 39; , is the trial against the Atlanta National League.

Keeling & # 39; s Draftwell company had partnered with Delaware North Sportservice and others to install the design that promised quicker casting and greater profits
Advertisements

Keeling & # 39; s Draftwell company had partnered with Delaware North Sportservice and others to install the design that promised quicker casting and greater profits

Keeling & # 39; s Draftwell company had partnered with Delaware North Sportservice and others to install the design that promised quicker casting and greater profits

The submission adds that the email alerted people could get stuck inside.

It claims that a & # 39; faulty door mechanism that is not properly built, assembled, maintained, and allowed to exist & # 39; was to blame.

& # 39; This created an unreasonable risk of injury to those in and around Cooler 331, including Marvin Todd Keeling, & # 39; the prosecutor claims.

Advertisements

Braves spokeswoman Beth Marshall declined to comment & # 39; due to ongoing disputes. & # 39;

Law & Morgan, who represents the man's widow – would also not comment, but said: & # 39; The accusations speak for themselves. & # 39;

Keeling & # 39; s Draftwell company had partnered with Delaware North Sportservice and others to install the design that pours faster and promises greater profits.

Keeling had installed the taps that remove excess foam on two other ballparks.

Delaware North & # 39; s Sportsports was hit in December with a fine of $ 12,934 after an investigation and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) claimed that & # 39; the employer exposed employees and contractors to hazards while working in beer cooler # 331 because the employer had failed the exit door remained unobstructed and / or unlimited & # 39 ;.

Keeling & # 39; s death was ruled by accident.

Keeling & # 39; s death happened to be ruled and Delaware North & # 39; s Atlanta Sportservice was struck with a fine of $ 12,934 in December after an investigation by OSHA

Keeling & # 39; s death happened to be ruled and Delaware North & # 39; s Atlanta Sportservice was struck with a fine of $ 12,934 in December after an investigation by OSHA

Keeling & # 39; s death happened to be ruled and Delaware North & # 39; s Atlanta Sportservice was struck with a fine of $ 12,934 in December after an investigation by OSHA

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news

Advertisements

- Advertisement -