What we know about the Somali terrorist who is three men in an "act of evil" Bourke Street stabbed

The Somalia-born terrorist at the center of Friday's lonely wolf terrorist attack on Melbourne's inner city was a known security risk.

The man, 31, died on the operating table on Friday night, hours after he ran rampant through Melbourne's Bourke Street and killed three men, one fatal.

He had been known for police for years because of the familiar connections of his family with terrorist groups in North Africa.

But it was revealed shortly after his death that his wife was missing the night before the gruesome attack and is supposed to have been radicalized.

The 31-year-old man who was looking for police and pedestrians with a knife was known to the authorities as a potential security risk

The 31-year-old man who was looking for police and pedestrians with a knife was known to the authorities as a potential security risk

Shortly after his death, it was revealed that his wife was missing last night and presumably radicalized

Shortly after his death, it was revealed that his wife was missing last night and presumably radicalized

Shortly after his death, it was revealed that his wife was missing last night and presumably radicalized

A press conference on Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton revealed that the attacker's family had had links with terrorist groups, making him a "person of interest". became at state and federal level.

Sources told that the Herald Sun authorities would probably use the law to keep the woman and other associates of the attacker considered a security risk, but it was revealed that she was missing and presumably radicalized.

The Somali citizen appeared to have moved to Melbourne's northwestern suburbs in the 1990s and later canceled his passport.

The man was one of 300 Victorians on a list of people of interest & # 39; considered by terrorism enforcement authorities as a potential security risk.

Some bystanders say that the attacker & # 39; Allahu Akhbar & # 39; shouted as he chased bystanders with a knife, although Mr. Ashton said he could not confirm it.

The man had a history of cannabis use, theft and traffic violations.

The man, who had previously been convicted for drug use, theft and traffic violations, is expected to be investigated on ties with North African extremism groups

The man, who had previously been convicted for drug use, theft and traffic violations, is expected to be investigated on ties with North African extremism groups

The man, who had previously been convicted for drug use, theft and traffic violations, is expected to be investigated on ties with North African extremism groups

The police are expected to investigate the possible connection between the man and North African extremist groups.

Witnesses to the terrorist attack on Friday afternoon told the authorities that they had barely seen the man avoid a collision with a full tram before he dropped his ute.

He got out of the car and set it on fire before he took a knife out of the car and waving it to civilians.

He stabbed three men, one of whom died shortly thereafter. Opposition leader Matthew Guy said the deceased man was in his sixties.

A 26-year-old and a 58-year-old was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

.