Aromatherapy has been around for a thousand years. Ancient Indians, Chinese, Egyptians incorporated the aromatic plant components for various medical and religious purposes. Talking about today, aromatherapy is still in demand! Its incredible physical and psychological benefits are the prime reasons why it is still burgeoning. The serene scent of the essential oils is enough to bring a sense of calm and inner peace.
How does aromatherapy work?
Essential oils are recognized for their various benefits. The essential oil used in aromatherapy activates your olfactory receptors and sends signals to the brain’s limbic system. This limbic system affects your emotions, hunger, learning, etc. Besides, it stimulates different bodily responses such as heart rate, blood pressure, breathing pattern. Since essential oils could bring so many internal changes in a body, it has been used widely.
How can you use essential oils?
Today varieties of essential oils are available online. Stored in a tiny bottle, you can either inhale the bottles directly or use diffusers. If you feel essential oils’ aura is strong for your nostrils, you could mix them with carrier oils such as coconut oil, almond oil, avocado oil, etc.
One of the most common effective ways of experiencing the aromatherapy is through bomb bath balls. Today these natural aromatherapy bath bombs are extensively replacing regular bath bombs. These awesome bath bombs not only uplift your mood and energy but also leave your skin soft and supple. If you wake up to beautiful skin, don’t forget to thank bath body aromatherapy products.
What are the top healing benefits of aromatherapy?
1. It reduces stress: Stress is inevitable; it affects people in different ways. You can’t completely avoid it; the best you could do is find better ways to deal with it. It is scientifically proven that the lavender present in essential oil reduces stress. It also calms the nervous system, heart rate, lowers blood pressure, and keeps you more relaxed.
For stress, you can use these essential oils: lemongrass, lavender, geranium, jasmine, chamomile.
2. It relieves anxiety: According to studies, 18% of US adults suffer from anxiety and depression. Though they seek therapists, they look for a more natural solution to get rid of their mental illness, and aromatherapy exactly serves the purpose. Rather than giving a plain massage to the patient, an essential oil blend such as lavender, bergamot, and frankincense has a stronger healing effect. That’s the reason why many are including essential oil in their massage.
3. It boosts energy: Do you ever feel sluggish? Felt like you have lacked the energy to do things or even to talk to people. You don’t have to pop in pills to boost energy when you can develop it naturally through aromatherapy products. The essential oils in the bath bombs stimulate your energy and make your day full of pep!
For boosting energy, you could use citrus oils. All citrus oils have antioxidant terpenes such as limonene that has natural energizing property. Peppermint increases brain oxygen concentration and decreases body exhaustion.
4. Aid digestion improves your immune system: If you are suffering from indigestion or diarrhea, essential oils can help stimulate those digestive enzymes. Due to their anti-inflammatory properties, essential oils are used to fight infection. To relieve abdominal pain, you could use ginger oil, and to protect the body against bacterial infection, you can use oregano, eucalyptus, ginger, frankincense.
5. Improves sleep quality: Essential oils have natural sedative properties. It is scientifically proven that lavender oil improves your sleep quality. Many who struggled with sleep at night reported that a quick shower in a bath bomb before going to bed has extensively helped them.
Don’t miss the benefits of aromatherapy when you can afford it at a reasonable price. Buy a set of bath bombs and use them as per your need. Ditch the boring bath and indulge in something extraordinary!