Earlier this week, SoftBank & # 39; s Masayoshi Son said it was a mistake to have invested in WeWork and shared a & # 39; simple & # 39; three-step plan to change the company, including dumped companies that were not profitable. Well, it looks like this is going to happen soon, because WeWork has published a "90-day game plan" that separates itself from those non-core activities and is the first to include internal redundancies indicated by CNBC.
Here are the companies that WeWork says it will discard. One is a company that makes golf pools.
- Conductor, a digital marketing platform
- Managed by Q, which makes software to help office teams hire service providers
- Meet, with which people can meet different activities
- Space IQ, which makes software with which companies can manage physical workplaces
- Teem, which makes technology for reserving meeting rooms
- Wave garden, which builds wave pools with "game-changing artificial wave technology"
- The wing, which creates co-working and community spaces for women
Here is the full one game Plan, if you want to read it yourself. It seems that the company's new focus will be the core activity of selling shared office space – although apparently more focused on companies, which currently make up 43 percent of the total number of members of the company.
Don't miss this slide, which casts some serious shadow on co-founder Adam Neumann's attempts to expand WeWork from 2017 to the present:
Some WeWork employees seem to anticipate the redundancies, because this week a group calling themselves the WeWorkers Coalition sent an open letter to business management and demanded to participate in decision making at the company and more transparency and accountability of the company. Marcelo Claure, the new exec chairman of WeWork, apparently responded, but & # 39; did not acknowledge the workers' request for a meeting & # 39; according to The New York Times.
The first page of the WeWork investor platform dates from October 11, so assuming the clock starts ticking, the deadline for completing the & # 39; game plan & # 39; Saturday, January 9.