The second annual Who Would Win Week bracket is here – and the competition is fiercer than ever. Last year, Yuri Katsuki skated her way to a surprise victory over fierce competitors like Kirby, Pikachu and Waluigi. This year we have chosen four completely new categories with an entirely new line-up of participants.
What exactly do we measure? What are these characters fighting/over/over? We’ll just say it’s all about vibes. Follow your heart.
The vote will take place via Twitter, which begins at 11 a.m. EDT each day this week and ends at 9 a.m. EDT the following day. Without further ado, check out the full list of competitors – which will be updated as soon as they are eliminated! – and go vote.
Absence of skin
None of these characters have a skin! What do they have instead? Some have metal, some have bones, and some are plastic. What a range!
- sans van Undertale
- R2D2 from the Star Wars franchise
- Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde from the Pac-Man franchise
- The Eye of Sauron from the Lord of the Rings movies
- Clippy from Microsoft Office
- The Thing from Marvel Comics
- GLaDOS van Portal
- Mountain dew from life
These are the secret identities of all the characters! Whether it’s to fight evil, have a pop music career or just get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
- Jackie Daytona’s What we do in the shadows
- Mrs. Doubtfire’s Mrs. Doubtfire
- Green Man van It’s always sunny in Philadelphia
- Sheik from The Legend of Zelda franchise
- Joe Cool’s Peanuts
- Hannah Montana van Hannah Montana
- Stefan van Family matters
- Sailor moon from Sailor Moon
Animals in hats
Exactly what it says on the tin. We played a little fast and loose with the definition of “animal” and “hat.”
- Puss in Boots from the Shrek franchise
- Birdo from Nintendo
- Detective Pikachu’s Detective Pikachu
- Perry out the platypus Phineas and Ferb
- Paddington from the Paddington movies
- chopper van A piece
- Miriel, Pastor of Vows (aka Pope Turtle). Elder ring
- Fievel Mousekewitz’s An American tail
Characters out for revenge… not including actual Marvel characters.
- Payakan van Avatar: the way of the water
- Captain Ahab van Moby Dick
- Kurapika van Hunter x Hunter
- Elle Woods van Legally blonde
- Scaramouch van Genshin effect
- John Wick’s John Wick
- Ingio Montoya van The princess bride
- Beatrix Kiddo’s Kill Bill
Gather your armies, rally your friends and get those fingers ready to click as you take your champion to victory. The final winner will be announced on March 18.
May the best thing win! (But not necessarily The Thing.)