Vogue Williams apologizes after claiming husband Spencer was hospitalized for cold sore drug overdose and admits she ’embellishes things sometimes’
Vogue Williams issued an apology on Friday after claiming her husband Spencer was hospitalized for an “overdose of cold sore medication” during their recent holiday.
The Irish model and presenter, 37, spoke to her co-host Joanne McNally on their My Therapist Ghosted Me podcast and admitted that she ” sometimes embellishes things.”
To clear up the confusion earlier this week, Spencer informed fans that he was “alive and alive” after rumors of his death began circulating.
Vogue first recalled the story, explaining, “Spenny was hospitalized for two days because he’s a little b***h and he can’t take it.”
She continued, “Well, let me tell you what, he overdosed on cold sore tablets. I’m not kidding, I’m not kidding, I’m not kidding. He overdosed on cold sore tablets and his liver function because he did it for a whole week, took 10 of these things and he said ‘oh they’re fine’.
Oops: Vogue Williams, 37, apologized Friday after claiming her husband Spencer was hospitalized for an overdose of cold sore medication during their recent holiday
Oh dear: To clear up the confusion earlier this week, Spencer informed fans that he was ‘alive and alive’ after rumors of his death began circulating
However, she later insisted that she wasn’t sure an “overdose” was the reason and that it was probably the germ that had also infected the rest of the family.
Recalling this week’s incident, Vogue joked, “I have to say, we have to be careful what we say to Spencer on this pod.
“Because that story — it hasn’t gone away and it’s gone to about 43 news outlets now.
And I’m like, “It’s fine, it’s fine, I was just kidding”. But I really thought that was the truth.
“Basically, we both got a bacterial stomach infection, but I took what the doctor thought was literal and then spread it like wildfire on our podcast.”
“I said they were cold sore tablets. And that wasn’t the truth, I’m sorry I embellish things sometimes,” she added.
Spencer shared his own update and put the rumors to bed, saying, “For the avoidance of doubt…I’m alive.
“I was also hospitalized with a virus, but an overdose on cold sore stuff sounds more interesting I guess?”
Not ideal: Recalling this week’s incident, Vogue joked, “I have to say, we have to be careful what we say Spencer on this pod”
He’s fine: Spencer shared his own update, putting the rumors to bed, saying, ‘For the avoidance of doubt… I’m alive’
The parents enjoyed their free time with their children – Theodore, four, Gigi, three, and baby Otto, 15 months.
Previously, Vogue revealed that while he was in deep trouble with concerns about his liver function, he was also relieved as the family, including their children and Vogue’s Aunt Gina, all fell ill elsewhere.
Speaking of the disease, she said: “I think he was a little excited because he was in the hospital and Gina had just been to the doctor and she was fine. I’m not sure he had it, but I got it when we got home.’
Joanne then hilariously joked about Spencer being a teetotaler after a bout with substance abuse, saying, “Honestly, the man’s got no vices left, let him get his kicks where he can, even from cold sore tablets.”