Wog Boy star Vince Colosimo may have his property seized by police as he continues to fight $65k in traffic tickets he allegedly racked up while disqualified.
Australian actor Vince Colosimo could return to court as he continues to contest allegations that he received 169 traffic tickets while disabled from driving.
The Wog Boy Forever star is accused of racking up a whopping $65,215 in unpaid fines since 2012.
Fines Victoria will apply for a warrant of execution against Colosimo at Melbourne Magistrates Court next month, the heralding sun reported on Saturday.
Officers could be given the power to search and seize your property or vehicles to sell and settle outstanding debts, the report added.
An administrative fee of $60.20 will also be added to your outstanding tickets.
Australian actor Vince Colosimo (pictured) could return to court as he continues to challenge allegations that he received 169 traffic tickets while disabled from driving.
In October, Colosimo was forced to make an embarrassing exit from the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court, running down an alleyway in an effort to avoid a group of media.
Colosimo had pleaded guilty to drugs and driving without a license and to failing to give police his real name.
The ugly 2021 incident during Melbourne’s harsh Covid-19 lockdowns saw him convicted and fined again, adding another $2500 to his growing fine bill.
Film and legal sources close to Colosimo told Daily Mail Australia that the star disputed the number and full dollar value of the fines he allegedly racked up.
“I don’t even think it’s possible to rack up that many tickets…it sounds extraordinarily big to have that many tickets,” said one source.
Fines Victoria will apply for a warrant of execution against Colosimo at Melbourne Magistrates Court next month, The Herald Sun reported on Saturday. Officers may be given the power to search and seize your property or vehicles.
Colosimo had been in court on his highly publicized drug driving charges, in which he posed as his twin brother when pulled over by police.
The news of the unpaid tickets seemed to surprise both Colosimo and his attorney George Vassis, who quickly turned to address their client seated behind him.
Prosecutor Bianca Moleta told the court that Colosimo had lost his license again twice for demerit points while disqualified for tickets incurred and issued in recent years while his license was cancelled.
“Although he was not charged, that is a reflection of the Traffic Cameras Office essentially not communicating with Victoria Police, but that is recorded in his demerit points history after his license was cancelled,” he said.
In October, Colosimo was forced to make an embarrassing exit from Melbourne Magistrates Court, running down an alleyway in an effort to avoid a group of media.
A source told Daily Mail Australia that Colosimo maintained that he himself had not incurred any traffic fines because he had lent his Peugeot to a ‘colleague’.
Colosimo and his legal team are said to be working through the tickets to determine not only how they accumulated, but also who might have been behind the wheel and when.
The court heard that Colosimo blames his partner for incurring most of the fines.
Colosimo is understood to further claim that most of the notifications of the alleged breaches were sent to old addresses after several housing relocations and Covid-19 disruptions in Vicroads.