Very flash in the pan! All-in-one braised chicken legs
These meals from a new book with stew dishes are lush enough to please a crowd – and will save on the dishes!
This delicious all-in-one braised chicken legs is best served with garnished chopped herbs
For 4 persons
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 500 g waxy potatoes / salad potatoes, cut in half lengthwise (quartered if large)
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated and left unpeeled
- A good pinch of dried tarragon, rosemary or oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 chicken legs, skin on, trimmed and cut twice through the skin and flesh with scissors
- Olive oil, for drizzle
- 200 g frozen fava beans
- 200 g frozen petit pois
- Coriander or roughly chopped mint and parsley, for garnish (optional)
Jane Lovett’s Just One Pan is published by Headline, £ 25. © Jane Lovett 2021. Visit www. mailshop.co.uk/books or call 020 3308 9193. Free UK delivery on orders over £ 20. Offer price valid until 29/05/2021.
Preheat the oven to 220 ° C / convection 200 ° C / gas 7. Find a large, shallow, oval, ovenproof dish about 33 x 26 x 6 cm (or similar roasting pan) that holds the chicken legs in one layer.
Divide the onion wedges over the bottom of the dish, then the potatoes, garlic cloves, herbs and some salt and pepper. Pour in 175 ml of water and place the chicken legs on it skin side up.
Drizzle the chicken legs with a little olive oil and a little salt.
Cook 50 minutes in the top of the oven, turning the dish halfway through, or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is golden and crispy. Stir in fava beans and petit pois. Cook for another 10 minutes.
Remove the dish from the oven and drizzle with it a little olive oil. Scatter with the freshly cut herbs for garnish, if using, and serve.