Vanessa Redgrave will NOT be starring Kevin Spacey in his comeback movie The Man Who Drew God

0

Vanessa Redgrave won’t appear in what’s pegged as Kevin Spacey’s ‘comeback’ movie, The Man Who Drew God.

The actress, 84, was attached to the project, which is being directed by her husband Franco Nero, 79.

She was believed to appear in a small role opposite Spacey, 61, who takes the role after a series of allegations of sexual harassment and abuse were made against him, which left him removed from the acting world for three years.

Politely Waning: Vanessa Redgrave won't appear in what's pegged as Kevin Spacey's 'comeback' movie, The Man Who Drew God

Ashamed: She was believed to appear in a small role opposite Spacey, who takes the role after a series of allegations of sexual harassment and abuse were made against him, removing him from the acting world for three years

Politely Waning: Vanessa Redgrave won’t appear in what’s pegged as Kevin Spacey’s ‘comeback’ movie, The Man Who Drew God

However, a statement released by its representatives on Wednesday said: ‘Vanessa Redgrave’s name is included in recent stories about the casting of the upcoming movie The Man Who Drew God.

While there have been discussions about the possibility of her joining the cast, she will not appear in the film.

It was added that she would not comment further on the matter.

Known in Italian as L’uomo Che Disegnò Dio ‘, the film will reportedly see Spacey playing a detective investigating a wrongly accused pedophile.

It comes after Spacey’s career collapsed after a string of claims of sexual misconduct by underage men.

Couple: The actress, 84, was attached to the project, which is being directed by her husband Franco Nero, 79 [pictured 2019]

Couple: The actress, 84, was attached to the project, which is being directed by her husband Franco Nero, 79 [pictured 2019]

Producer Louis Nero said that recently Variety that Redgrave would appear as a piano teacher, as long as Covid’s travel restrictions allowed her to go from the UK to Italy to film.

This factor was not addressed in the statement of its representative.

Redgrave is a six-time Oscar-nominated actress who won the coveted gong for the movie Julia in 1977.

Her next projects are The Lost Girls and Alice, Through the Looking.

Former friends?  Spacey and Redgrave are pictured together in 2001 in New York

Former friends? Spacey and Redgrave are pictured together in 2001 in New York

The Man Who Drew God sees Nero himself playing a blind artist, who can use people’s voices to draw their exact physical features. But as his fame and popularity grows, he is falsely accused of sexual abuse.

Spacey could soon begin filming for the production, according to the Telegraph, in what would be his first major appearance since the abuse scandal broke.

Spacey had been one of Hollywood’s biggest stars but faced a scandal after alleging that he sexually assaulted the then 14-year-old Star Trek actor Antony Rapp.

It led to accusations from other men about his behavior, but no one has ever reached court and has been denied.

Actors: The pair can be seen at the London Evening Standard Theater Awards, at the Royal Opera House, London in 2009

Actors: The pair can be seen at the London Evening Standard Theater Awards, at the Royal Opera House, London in 2009

Rapp’s public comments about him prompted Spacey to come out as gay in 2017.

He said he did not remember such a meeting with Rapp, but apologized if the charges were true.

Last year, he likened his fall from grace to the coronavirus pandemic and complained about the loss of his job following the allegations.

Spacey described his “ painful ” journey three years after being accused of assault by a string of men, saying he could relate to workers laid off during the spread of Covid-19.

Fortunately: Redgrave married Nero in 2006 and had known each other for years [pictured in 1970] and while he's directing the movie, his wife won't act in it

Fortunately: Redgrave married Nero in 2006 and had known each other for years [pictured in 1970] and while he’s directing the movie, his wife won’t act in it

Commenting for an interview for the Bits & Pretzels podcast, he said, “ I don’t think it will come as a surprise to anyone to say that my world changed completely in the fall of 2017.

“My job, many of my relationships, my position in my own industry were all gone within hours.”

Not only was he fired from the Netflix hit House Of Cards, he was also removed from the finished movie All The Money In The World, which was rerecorded with actor Christopher Plummer in his role.

Spacey, who has not appeared in a professional movie or series since the allegations were made, said, “ I don’t often like telling people I can relate to their situation because I think it undermines the experience they are experiencing. possibly have. is their own unique and very personal experience. ‘

Spacey added, ‘But in this case, I feel like I can relate to what it feels like to make your world suddenly stop.

And while we may have found ourselves in similar situations, albeit for very different reasons and circumstances, I still believe that some of the emotional struggles are broadly the same.

“And so I have empathy for what it feels like to suddenly hear that you can’t go back to work or that you might lose your job and that it’s a situation that you have absolutely no control over.”

Accused: Spacey had been one of Hollywood's biggest stars but faced a scandal after alleging that he sexually assaulted the then 14-year-old Star Trek actor Antony Rapp. [pictured on trial in 2019]

Accused: Spacey had been one of Hollywood’s biggest stars but faced a scandal after alleging that he sexually assaulted the then 14-year-old Star Trek actor Antony Rapp. [pictured on trial in 2019]

.