USA World Cup roster drop – HOW IT HAPPENED: All the reaction as Gregg Berhalter delivers the upsets with Haji Wright chosen ahead of Ricardo Pepi and Jordan Pefok in attack and Zack Steffen OUT
- Haji Wright is the top surprise package to be selected in the USA 26-man squad.
- Wright had been abroad but remained in sensational form at club level.
- Fellow strikers Ricardo Pepi and Jordan Pefok could feel badly mistreated by
- Manchester City goalkeeper Zack Steffen, on loan at Middlesbrough, was left out
- Click here for the latest international sports news from DailyMail.com
USMNT coach Gregg Berhalter surprised with the selection today as US Soccer announced the 26 players called up to represent the United States at this month’s FIFA World Cup.
Haji Wright, Jordan Morris and Shaq Moore were the biggest surprises making Berhalter’s USMNT 26-man roster for the World Cup.
Wright, 24, of Antalyaspor, was a shocking name when he was announced in the squad, but he is the second-highest scorer in the Turkish Super League and is currently in excellent form. While Seattle Sounders’ Morris and Nashville SC’s Moore have worked their way up the list.
The team announcement was largely met with positivity, though Rangers’ Malik Tillman, CF Montreal’s Djordje Mihailovic, FC Groningen’s Ricardo Pepi and Union Berlin’s Jordan Pefok might feel bad.
To relive the action of the 26-man USMNT squad, reveal how it happened – scroll down!