Mike Chiari@@mikechiariTwitter LogoFeatured Columnist IVMarch 18, 2023 Waleed Zein/Anadolu Agency by means of Getty Images United States Tennis Association handling director Chris Widmaier revealed hope Saturday that world No. 1 Novak Djokovic will be allowed to play in this year’s U.S. Open. The United States federal government still has policies in location that avoid foreign people who are not immunized versus COVID-19 from going into the nation. Djokovic is not immunized, however Widmaier is enthusiastic the constraints will be relieved by the time the 2023 U.S. Open starts in August, per Howard Fendrich of the Associated Press: “Policies worrying access to the United States are identified by the White House. We are really enthusiastic that the policy avoiding Novak Djokovic from getting in the United States will be rescinded, or lapse, in the future. No COVID-19 constraints remain in location at the U.S. Open for any gamer, fan or other guest. Novak, among our sport’s excellent champs, would be welcome to complete at the 2023 U.S. Open.” Djokovic did not play in 2015’s U.S. Open or Australian Open due to his vaccination status, however with Australia altering its policies because in 2015, Djokovic went back to Melbourne in January and won the competition for the 10th time in his profession. Since of his vaccination status, Djokovic has actually currently needed to withdraw from the Miami Open and BNP Paribas Open, which are the very first 2 Masters 1000 occasions of the 2023 season. While Djokovic was not allowed to play in the United States or Australia in 2015, he did take part in 2 Grand Slam competitions in the type of the French Open and Wimbledon. Djokovic was ousted in the quarterfinals of the French Open, however he handled to win Wimbledon and has actually now won a minimum of one Grand Slam songs title in 6 successive years. By winning the 2023 Australian Open, Djokovic has 22 profession Grand Slam songs titles, connecting him with Rafael Nadal for the all-time guys’s record. 3 of Djokovic’s historical variety of Grand Slam wins have actually come at the U.S. Open, which is his second-fewest wins at a Grand Slam behind his 2 French Opens. The Serb last won the U.S. Open in 2018, and he formerly won it in 2011 and 2015. Because Djokovic’s last U.S. Open win, he has actually lost in the 4th round two times and was up to Daniil Medvedev in the 2021 last, avoiding him from winning the calendar Slam. Considering that winning the 2023 Australian Open, Djokovic has actually just played in the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships. Previously this month, Medvedev beat him in the semifinals of the competition. Preserving the No. 1 ranking worldwide will be a difficulty for Djokovic if he stays not able to go into the U.S., however a lot of the significant competitions in the spring and summertime will be played in Europe in anticipation of the French Open and Wimbledon. While Djokovic’s status for the U.S. Open stays uncertain, he will have at least 2 chances this year to develop himself as the male gamer with the most Grand Slam titles.
- Why you don’t lose weight: one of these salads has 330 more calories than the other
- Linda Nolan reveals cancer has spread to her brain in heartbreaking health update
- Karl Stefanovic’s daughter Willow reveals her mom and dad haven’t been in the same room for ‘years’
- Heston Blumenthal, 56, is getting married for the THIRD time as he marries his partner of 36 years.
- The Iraqi Parliament approves an amendment to the Parliamentary Elections Law amid the rejection of independent and small parties
- Tyrese Gibson’s girlfriend Zelie Timothy admits she was initially ‘more interested’ in Paul Walker
- France: Bourne plans to meet opposition and trade union leaders amid escalating protests over the pension system amendment
- The Saudi and Iranian foreign ministers agree to hold a bilateral meeting in less than a week
- Chef Rick Stein is rumored to have bought the Oaks pub in Neutral Bay Sydney for up to $175 million
- Macron and Bin Salman discuss strengthening their cooperation in the field of defense and energy, and renew their commitment to helping Lebanon