WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

Urgent warning for pet owners to be wary of a peak in dangerous mushrooms

Urgent warning for pet owners to be wary of a peak in dangerous mushrooms and mushrooms growing during heavy rainfall

  • Recent wet weather has caused a peak in the growth of dangerous fungi
  • Veterinarians have warned that it is very difficult to save a dog after eating a mushroom
  • Puppies are most at risk of being killed by mushrooms because of their nature

Pet owners have been warned to be wary of poisonous mushrooms and mushrooms during heavy rainfall.

The recent wet weather has caused a peak in fungal growth, putting dogs at risk.

Lucky Paws Dog Rescue from Queensland has shared a warning for pet owners via social media.

Pet owners have been warned to be wary of poisonous mushrooms and mushrooms during heavy rainfall

Pet owners have been warned to be wary of poisonous mushrooms and mushrooms during heavy rainfall

“Today I witnessed a very distraught young mother at a veterinary clinic who was carrying her six-month-old golden retriever puppy who had just died,” the post read.

“According to the vet nurse, the mother had her puppy go to the toilet and went to look, only to find him with a mushroom / mushroom in his mouth.

“She didn’t take any risks and hurried him to the vets (20 minutes), but unfortunately it was too late.

“These fungi can appear before your eyes, given the circumstances … please share … how poisonous mushrooms can be.”

Stinkhorn fungi can kill small dogs and attract animals because of the intense smell of decaying meat.

Stinkhorn fungi (photo) can kill small dogs and attract animals because of the intense smell of decaying meat

Stinkhorn fungi (photo) can kill small dogs and attract animals because of the intense smell of decaying meat

Stinkhorn fungi (photo) can kill small dogs and attract animals because of the intense smell of decaying meat

Death cap mushrooms can also kill.

Rachel Allavena, deputy chief of veterinary medicine at the University of Queensland, said that dog owners should be vigilant to prevent their pets from eating mushrooms.

“If an animal eats a toxic dose, it’s really, really, very difficult to save them, even in veterinary care,” she said 7 News.

‘Puppies and kittens end up in things much more often than adult dogs and cats. They really like to chew. They have that exploratory behavior. ”

Death cap mushrooms (photo) can also kill pets

Death cap mushrooms (photo) can also kill pets

Death cap mushrooms (photo) can also kill pets

.