Lily Petch, 18, from Deeping, has warned fellow freshers to take care of it after her drink was enriched one night out
A university student has warned her fellow freshers to take care after her drink was enriched during a night out.
The incident left Lily Petch, 18, without recollection of large parts of the evening, triggered multiple vomiting attacks and led to her being admitted to A&E.
And the student from the University of Lincoln, from Deeping, Lincolnshire, believes that something much more serious could have happened if her friends hadn't been there.
She said: & # 39; We started drinking pre-drinks at a friends flat. & # 39;
& # 39; Around 11 pm we went to the Engine Shed. When we entered, we each got one UK.
& # 39; I was a bit tipsy then, but then it started to wear. & # 39;
After a round of shots, Miss Petch was talking to her friends in the smoking room of the club when she was offered a glass of water, which she thinks was the drink picked up on Monday, September 16.
& # 39; We were in the smoking room and I was pretty drunk, & # 39; she said. & # 39; A boy who was there gave me a glass of water, or at least he said it was water.
& # 39; I don't know if it was a point, but I can't remember anything after that. I remember feeling really sick and then everything went black. & # 39;
This was the start of a nightmare for Miss Petch when the night quickly got out of hand.
& # 39; My friends told me that in half an hour I said it was the best night ever to go home & # 39 ;, said the criminology and sociology student.
During a night out with her friends, her drink was spiked so she couldn't remember much of the evening. It caused multiple vomiting attacks and led to her being admitted to A&E at Lincoln County Hospital
& # 39; They said I fell back and just wanted to go to sleep. Then I was sick in the smoking room.
& # 39; We went home, but every five seconds I stopped getting sick and fainted. I fell on the road, landed on my arm and slammed the back of my head.
& # 39; At this point, my friend's roommate picked me up and carried me – I was completely unconscious. & # 39;
As she was being carried home, Miss Petch woke up and called for her girlfriend.
& # 39; I asked where my friend was and said the people who carried me were not my friends, & # 39; she said.
& # 39; This despite the fact that she was there and I knew who she was for college. & # 39;
The student at Lincoln University (photo) woke up the next morning at her accommodation without remembering how she got there
Miss Petch woke up the next morning in her accommodation without remembering how she got there.
& # 39; I woke up and had no idea where I was, that never happened to me after a night out & she said.
& # 39; My bank balance showed that I had not drunk more than I normally drink and that usually does not make me drunk.
& # 39; Normally I would get a hangover if I drink a lot. I didn't feel a hangover at all. I felt much worse, it was a different kind of feeling. & # 39;
After breakfast, Miss Petch went back to her accommodation alone to make her situation worse.
& # 39; I came back and slept until 10 am & # 39 ;, she said. & # 39; I felt like I had torn something in my stomach. I felt really unsteady and vomited.
& # 39; I couldn't stop everything I drank and ate. My sick were neon green, so I knew something was wrong. & # 39;
Miss Petch and her boyfriend took a taxi to A&E at Lincoln County Hospital, where she discovered she was enriched.
& # 39; The doctor said you had a point, & # 39; she said. & # 39; They couldn't tell me what I was upset with because they didn't have the equipment to do a urine test.
They gave me a prescription for anti-disease tablets and sent me home. & # 39;
Despite what happened, Miss Petch didn't let the incident down and she is now more careful during her evenings out (stock image)
Miss Petch now warns people to watch out for when they drink during a night out, because it is something that can happen to anyone.
& # 39; My father constantly reminded me before I went to college, & # 39; she said.
& # 39; I had heard of it before, but I didn't think it would happen to me.
& # 39; I've been a little more anxious, I'm constantly looking over my shoulder and I'm a bit more worried when I'm gone.
& # 39; Don't leave your friends alone, it's very important that you watch everyone. I'm very lucky that people were looking forward to me – I don't know what the intentions were of the person who gave me a spik. & # 39;
Despite what happened, Miss Petch won't let the incident bring her down and she's more careful during her nights out.
& # 39; I am not deterred from entertaining myself, I am just a little more careful, & # 39; she said.
& # 39; I buy my own drinks and before I could turn around while it was being poured to talk to someone, but now I see it being poured before me.
& # 39; I have a small plastic lid that you can put over your cup and put a straw in to cover your drink. Unfortunately, there is not one for bottles, so I now just cover the bottle with my hand. & # 39;
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news