Table of Contents
- Alexander Volkanovski will defend his featherweight title against Ilia Topuria
- Topuria enters the fight undefeated in his MMA career
- Robert Whittaker faces Brazilian Paulo Costa in co-main event
UFC 298 kicks off this Saturday, February 17, the night’s main event sees one of the UFC’s top featherweight fighters, Alexander Volkanovski, take on Ilia Topuria.
Volkanovski has so far defended his featherweight title five times and will look to continue his impressive run when he faces the much younger Georgian fighting out of Spain.
Volkanovski does not face an easy task against Topuria as Topuria is three years his junior and remains undefeated in his UFC career, with a record of 14-0.
Other fights of the night include the co-main event featuring middleweight action between former middleweight champion Robert Whittaker and Brazilian Paulo Costa.
Alexander Volkanovski and Ilia Topuria will meet during UFC 298 in the main event for the featherweight title.
Volkanovski has defended featherweight five times and hopes to further extend his title on Saturday.
Topuria is a strong challenger for the title as he is undefeated and has a record of 14-0 in the UFC.
UFC 298 – Key information
UFC 298 will take place at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California on Saturday, February 17.
The first round of fights, the first preliminary cards, will begin at 11 pm GMT. (4 pm Pacific Time, 6 pm Central Time, 7 pm Eastern Time). For Australian viewers, it will be at 9am AEST / 8:30am ACST / 7am AWST.
The preliminaries will take place around 1am GMT on Sunday, February 18; US fans can expect to see the action at 6pm PT/ 8pm CT/ 9pm ET on Saturday. In Australia, the fights will begin at 11am (Sunday) AEST / 10:30am ACST / 9am AWST.
The main card is scheduled to begin around 3am GMT for UK viewers and 10pm ET/7pm PT for those tuning in from the US. Australians can watch all the action from the main card on Sunday at 1 pm AEST/ 12:30 pm ACST/ 11 am AWST.
how to watch
UFC 298 will air live on TNT Sports for UK fans, and UFC Fight Pass will also stream the early and regular prelims.
Fight night will also be available to US fans on ESPN+.
Mail Sport will also be providing live coverage of UFC 298, so you can stay up to date with all the action here.
Volkanovski vs Topuria – Key Details
Height: 5 feet 6 inches
Reach: 71.5 inches
Weight: 154.50 pounds
Height: 5 feet 7 inches
Reach: 69 inches
Weight: 146.00 pounds
Volkanovski and Topuria will fight at around 5am GMT
full fight card
Subject to change
- Alexander Volkanovski vs Ilia Topuria – featherweight title
- Robert Whittaker vs Paul Costa – middleweight
- Geoff Neal vs Ian Machado Garry – welterweight
- Merab Dvalishvili vs Henry Cejudo – bantamweight
- Anthony Hernandez vs Roman Kopylov – middleweight
- Amanda Lemos vs Mackenzie Dern – women’s strawweight
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs Justin Tafa – heavyweight
- Rinya Nakamura vs Carlos Vera – weight
- AJ Dobson vs Tresean Gore – middleweight
Early Preliminary Card
- Zhang Mingyang vs Brendson Ribeiro – light heavyweight
- Yusaku Kinoshita vs Danny Barlow – welterweight
- Oban Elliot vs Val Woodburn – welterweight
- Andrea Lee vs Miranda Maverick – women’s flyweight
Brazilian Paulo Costa will go head-to-head with New Zealand-born Australian Robert Whittaker in the co-main event of UFC 298.
Alexander Volkanovski to win – 8/11
Ilia Topuria wins – 1/1
All odds via Sky Bet and correct at the time of publication.