WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

Tyson Fury breaks his social media silence by vowing to stop Dillian Whyte at Wembley

‘Dillian Whyte is going to be the f*** out man!’: Tyson Fury breaks his social media silence by vowing to stop his rival at Wembley next month… as it turns out, there will be NO ringside British judges to be

  • Tyson Fury posted a video on Twitter to give fans an update ahead of his fight
  • He vowed to knock out Dillian Whyte in their Wembley showdown next month
  • Fury is quiet on social media but insists his camp is going ‘very well’
  • It comes after the news that there are no ringside British judges for the fight

Tyson Fury stopped his social media outage while training for his fight against Dillian Whyte to promise fans he would stop his British rival while assuring them his camp was going ‘really well’.

Fury has handed over his social duties to members of his team as he has worked hard at the gym for the past month but decided to give an update to his legion of supporters with less than three weeks left before taking on Whyte at Wembley Stadium on April 23.

Fans have questioned the lack of build-up to the big world title dust-up – with Whyte notably absent from the main press conference last month, abstaining from interviews so far amid tension over his treatment by Fury’s team and promoter Frank Warren.

Tyson Fury has broken his silence on social media to insist he will take out Dillian Whyte

The Gypsy King was in a confident mood as he assured fans his camp was going 'really well'

Tyson Fury has broken his silence on social media to insist he will take out Dillian Whyte

He takes on British rival Whyte at Wembley Stadium next month, although fans are baffled by the lack of build-up to the huge game

He takes on British rival Whyte at Wembley Stadium next month, although fans are baffled by the lack of build-up to the huge game

But Fury decided to hold onto the excitement about the fight – he said he was excited for the big occasion and planned to knock out Whyte.

“Hello guys – Tyson Fury here,” he said in a short clip on Twitter. ‘Just a quick update to let you know that camp is going very well, less than three weeks. Can’t wait to see you all in the big smoke at Wembley Stadium.

Dillian Whyte gets the bobbin man! I can’t wait, see you all there – all my loyal fans. God bless you all.’

Whyte’s lawyer has already expressed concern that the heavyweight’s demands are not being met – he is complaining that ‘The Body Snatcher’ has not been given tickets for his family and friends to attend the fight.

He also fiercely contested the decision to award Tyson Fury 80 percent of the prize pool for the fight, while earning just 20 percent himself.

Tensions have arisen between Whyte and Fury's camp amid allegations that Frank Warren has failed to give in to the Body Snatcher's basic demands

Tensions have arisen between Whyte and Fury’s camp amid allegations that Frank Warren has failed to give in to the Body Snatcher’s basic demands

Last month, Whyte’s promoter Eddie Hearn suggested the fight might not even take place, admitting he was “glad he wasn’t involved.”

Speak TalkSPORTHearn said: ‘There are just a lot of different problems to solve. I don’t think it will affect the fight.

“But to be honest, I’m so glad I’m not involved. ‘Cause I’ll just show up or whatever I’m going to do, tune in and watch it. Hopefully they both get in the ring and give everyone a great fight.”

Whyte failed to show up to the first official press conference early last month, claiming he hadn’t been invited properly – when Fury instead had to face an imaginary opponent.

It comes after news that there will be no ringside British judges for the fight – respecting Fury’s own wishes after asking “pretty, experienced” for the British showdown.

Whyte was a no-show at their first official press conference - featuring Fury against an imaginary opponent instead

Whyte was a no-show at their first official press conference – featuring Fury against an imaginary opponent instead

Italy’s Guido Cavalleri, Canadian Robert Tapper and Mexican Juan Carlos Pelayo have been selected to score the match thanks to Josh Taylor’s controversial split decision win over Jack Catterall.

The British Board of Boxing Control is investigating the outcome of that fight, after Taylor was supported in February by Ian John Lewis and Victor Loughlin with scores of 114-11 and 113-112.

Fury had insisted he didn’t want British judges to score his fight, claiming he only wanted judges who would ‘do the right thing’.

“I recently saw an article where Frank Warren said there would be no British judges for this fight and I repeat that,” he told talkSPORT last month.

There will be no British judges for the fight - respecting Fury's wishes after asking for 'proper, experienced' officials to score the match

There will be no British judges for the fight – respecting Fury’s wishes after asking for ‘proper, experienced’ officials to score the match

“Those words reverberate through my training camp. We don’t want British judges for this fight.

“We want good, experienced judges who do the right thing.

“If Dillian Whyte beats me, give him the decision. Try not to deprive anyone of this fight, give the man the decision, give the man what he deserves.

“If I win, do the same for me. In boxing, these fighters don’t want gifts, they don’t want raid decisions.

“People want to win when they win and lose when they lose. In the game we’ve seen so many boxing decisions go in the opposite direction and I just think, ‘what are they looking at’.’

Advertisement

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More