Two MORE Australians are diagnosed with deadly corona virus after being evacuated from the cruise ship
Two MORE Australians are diagnosed with deadly corona virus after being evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship and flown to Darwin
Two more Australians have been diagnosed with the deadly corona virus after being evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship to Darwin.
Two Queensland women aged 54 and 55 tested positive for the infection on Friday evening after leaving the ship on Thursday and will be flown to a hospital in Brisbane on Saturday for further treatment.
It was previously confirmed that two other Australians have contracted the disease.
A 78-year-old man from Western Australia was transferred to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth on Friday. His wife would travel with him, but then be isolated at home for two weeks.
A 24-year-old woman from South Australia has been transferred to Royal Adelaide Hospital.
Under the evacuation agreement, governments agreed to treat all patients in their home state.
Before the medical transfers took place, chief medical officer Brendan Murphy said they were in a clinically “reasonable” condition.
The two belonged to a group of six who suffered from sore throat and a runny nose after arriving at the former labor camp in Howard Springs on Thursday.
The other four have been released from the virus, but Professor Murphy said it could change.
‘It is possible that more people can develop positive tests in the coming days. We do not know that, but if they do, we will be fully set up to detect, manage and isolate them, “he told reporters on Friday.
There were 170 Australians on the evacuation flight. They will be quarantined for two weeks at the Darwin facility after leaving the virus-hit Diamond Princess cruise ship in Yokohama.
They are kept separate from the 266 people who were already in quarantine in Howard Springs, who were evacuated earlier this month from the epicenter of the virus in Wuhan, the capital of the Chinese province of Hubei.
They leave on Sunday.
Meanwhile, Australia has extended the ban on foreign travelers from China by another week as the number of coronavirus infections and deaths in Hubei province grows.
The ban expires on February 29, but is constantly being considered by the national security committee of the cabinet.
AUSTRALIA WITH THE CORONAVIRUS
NEW SOUTH WALES: 4
- Three men, 43, 53 and 35 years old who had recently traveled to China, have confirmed that they have contracted the disease.
- Two flew in from Wuhan, while the other arrived in Sydney from Shenzhen, South China.
- They are treated in isolation at Westmead Hospital and are in a stable condition.
- A 21-year-old woman is identified as the fourth person who tested positive for the disease in NSW.
- The woman, a student at UNSW, flew on flight MU749 to Sydney International Airport on January 23 and presented to the emergency department 24 hours later after developing flu-like symptoms.
- She is treated in isolation at Westmead Hospital.
- A Chinese citizen aged fifty will be the first confirmed case of the corona virus in Australia.
- The man flew from Wuhan via Guangzhou to Melbourne on January 19 on the Southern Southern flight CZ321.
- He is now in quarantine at the Monash Hospital in Clayton in the east of Melbourne.
- A Victorian man in his sixties is diagnosed with the corona virus.
- He became unwell on January 23 – two days after his return from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the outbreak.
- The man was confirmed as positive on January 29 and was subsequently seen by doctors at the Monash Medical Center. He was rated good enough to stay at home.
- A woman in her forties has a corona virus.
- She was visiting from China and mainly spent time with her family.
- She is being treated at the Royal Melbourne Hospital.
- A woman in her twenties in Melbourne appears to have the virus
QUEEN COUNTRY: 5
- Queensland confirms its first case after a 44-year-old Chinese subject was diagnosed with the virus.
- He is being treated at the Gold Coast University Hospital.
- A 42-year-old Chinese woman who traveled in the same Wuhan travel group as the 44-year-old man tested positive. She is in stable condition at the Gold Coast University Hospital.
- The corona virus has been diagnosed in an eight-year-old boy. He also comes from the travel group where the other Queensland cases came from
- The case was found in a 37-year-old man who was a member of a group of nine Chinese tourists in quarantine on the Gold Coast
- A 37-year-old woman was diagnosed with the corona virus of the same travel group that flew from Melbourne to Queensland on January 27
SOUTH AUSTRALIA: 2
- A Chinese couple in their 60s who arrived in Adelaide from Wuhan to visit relatives have been confirmed to have a corona virus.
- It has been confirmed that two Australians have the virus in Wuhan itself. Australia has increased the travel alarm level to ‘not traveling’ for the city of Wuhan – the epicenter of the outbreak – and for the entire Hubei province.
- Chief Medical Officer Brendan Murphy says that unless people are in contact with someone who doesn’t feel well and comes from that part of China, there is no cause for concern.
- From 15 February, 47 Australians will belong to 219 confirmed cases of the corona virus contracted aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Yokohama.
- Two more Australians on board tested positive after being evacuated to Darwin on February 22
QUEEN COUNTRY: 4
- Four Australians test positive for coronavirus after being evacuated from the Diamond Princess cruise ship
- Two Queensland women, 54 and 55 years old, tested positive for COVID-19 and are flown to Brisbane for further treatment.
- Previously, a 78-year-old man from Western Australia was transferred to Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth. His wife travels with him but is then isolated for two weeks at home.