Two brothers of four and six suffocate if they accidentally lock themselves in an old fridge while playing hide and seek
- Brothers, ages 6 and 4, choke after accidentally locking themselves up
- The police found the children in an old fridge in the courtyard near their house
- It is assumed that a refrigerator is an old Soviet model that cannot be opened from the inside
Two young brothers choke to death by accidentally locking themselves in a refrigerator near their home in Kyrgyzstan.
The brothers David, 6 and Nikita, 4, were reportedly playing hide and seek in the village of Mikhaylovka in the Issyk-Kul region in eastern Kyrgyzstan.
It is clear that the older brother was hiding in an old fridge that had remained in the courtyard near their house after it broke.
The police think that Nikita found his brother in the fridge during the game and apparently climbed inside.
David, 6 and Nikita, 4, died after older brother David hid in an old fridge and Nikita climbed after him
But while the boys were inside, the door closed and locked automatically.
The children could not break away from the trap because this type of refrigerator, manufactured in times of the Soviet era, cannot be opened from the inside, reports say.
Shortly after the boys' disappearance, their parents started looking for them.
28-year-old Roman and his 27-year-old wife Yulia traveled around the village to find the boys.
After several hours of unsuccessful searches, the concerned parents reported the missing children to the police.
When officers arrived on the spot, they first searched the family's house and then the courtyard and found the children in the fridge.
The distraught parents tried to resuscitate their children by performing CPR – but it was too late.
A police spokesperson told local media: & # 39; The parents got worried after they had not heard the voices of their children for a while and went looking for them.
& # 39; The children were last seen playing in the courtyard near their house.
& # 39; Five hours later they were found in the fridge. They could not open the fridge from the inside and died of suffocation. & # 39;
The police treat the incident as an accident.
The authorities said they could not get out because the old Soviet fridge could not be opened from the inside
. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail