Advertisements
Two babies & four toddlers under two years of age were taken to the hospital after they had inhaled toxic fumes during a swimming lesson in the backyard

Terror when two babies & four toddlers are rushed to the hospital after exposure to toxic fumes during swimming lessons in the back yard

  • Two babies & four toddlers under two years of age were brought to the hospital
  • Some children broke and one became listless after inhaling toxic fumes
  • Hydrochloric acid and chlorine were mixed in the pool by accident
Advertisements

Two babies & four toddlers under two years of age were taken to the hospital after breathing in toxic fumes during a swimming lesson in the backyard.

Advertisements

Ambulance and fire brigades rushed to the scene of the Sea Turtle Swim School in Gooseberry Hills, Perth on Monday afternoon.

Some children started vomiting, while one became extremely listless after hydrochloric acid and chlorine were accidentally mixed in the water, 9News reported.

Two babies & four toddlers under two years of age were taken to the hospital after they had inhaled toxic fumes during a swimming lesson in the backyard

Two babies & four toddlers under two years of age were taken to the hospital after they had inhaled toxic fumes during a swimming lesson in the backyard

Ambulance and fire brigades rushed to the scene at the Sea Turtle Swim School on Monday afternoon (photo) in Gooseberry Hills, Perth

Ambulance and fire brigades rushed to the scene at the Sea Turtle Swim School on Monday afternoon (photo) in Gooseberry Hills, Perth

Advertisements

Ambulance and fire brigades rushed to the scene at the Sea Turtle Swim School on Monday afternoon (photo) in Gooseberry Hills, Perth

The swimming instructor noticed a strong odor before he encouraged everyone to come out of the water & # 39 ;.

A total of eight people were taken to the hospital, including the four children and two babies.

Reportedly, children started vomiting and a moment later they became listless.

A female swimming instructor was also taken to the hospital for tests.

Advertisements

A pool maintenance contractor started Tuesday to investigate the incident at the swimming school, which is run on private property.

The Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) told the network that it was destroying & # 39; were due to the incident at the school

The Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) told the network that it was destroying & # 39; were due to the incident at the school

The Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) told the network that it was destroying & # 39; were due to the incident at the school

The Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) said the school immediately alerted the authorities and correctly implemented first aid.

The eight people who have been taken to the hospital are all currently in a stable state.

Advertisements

Four toddlers and one baby stayed in the hospital for treatment.

A WorkSafe WA spokeswoman told Daily Mail Australia: & # 39; WorkSafe is conducting preliminary investigations into an incident at Sea Turtle Swimming School. & # 39;

& # 39; The research is at a very early stage & # 39 ;, she said.

Daily Mail Australia has contacted the Sea Turtle Swim School, St John Ambulance and the Department of Fire and Emergency Services.

Advertisements

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) Perth