Turkish goalkeeper is taken to hospital after an angry fan stormed the pitch and hit him TWICE with a corner Flag.


Turkish goalkeeper hospitalised in Goztepe and Altay derby game after angry fan storms the pitch and hits him TWICE with a corner flag leading to game being abandoned

A Turkish football match turned into chaos when a violent supporter ran onto the pitch and assaulted a player.

The TFF second division match between Goztepe and Altay quickly boiled over as the derby game attracted global attention for all of the wrong reasons.

The Goztepe Supporter Made His Way Onto The Pitch Holding A Corner Flag

Twitter: @gchahal

The Goztepe supporter made his way onto the pitch holding a corner flag

He Approached The Unassuming Goalkeeper From Behind

Twitter: @gchahal

He approached the unassuming goalkeeper from behind

The Goalkeeper Was Hit On Multiple Occasions By The Supporter

Twitter: @gchahal

The goalkeeper was hit on multiple occasions by the supporter

Altay goalkeeper Ozan Evrim Ozenc was the victim of the incident as he was subjected to a vicious attack by a supporter of the home team in the city of Izmir.

Following a stoppage in play due to an ambulance being on the pitch to handle an incident in the stands that required medical treatment for fans, Ozenc was in discussions with one of his teammates when the fan made his way onto the pitch.

With a corner flag in hand, he ran up behind the goalkeeper and unleashed a series of aggressive blows with the weapon.

The 29-year-old goalkeeper was hit twice, leading to the corner flag splintering into pieces as the other supporters watched on in disbelief.

After hitting Ozenc in several occasions, the supporter was eventually wrestled to the ground and removed, with the goalkeeper sent to hospital to be checked over.

Given the earlier stoppage for fireworks being thrown into the home section by away fans, coupled with the assault on a player, the referee then decided to call the match off as a result of the ugly scenes.

The Thug Was Eventually Wrestled To The Ground And Restrained

Twitter: @gchahal

The thug was eventually wrestled to the ground and restrained


Russian cup match between Zenit and Spartak sees six red cards and punches in brawl


Klinsmann told to resign from FIFA role after ‘disgraceful’ Iran comments


Fans hold pictures of Ozil while covering mouths during Germany World Cup match


Kane rested as Foden and Grealish start… how England XI could look for Wales clash


Messi ‘close’ to MLS transfer as Beckham and Neville’s Inter Miami near agreement


Enrique pays tribute to late daughter on day of Spain’s clash with Germany


Ex-Man City teammate criticises De Bruyne for comments on Belgium’s World Cup chances


Morocco goalkeeper mysteriously swapped before kick-off despite appearing for anthem

And that wasn’t all that happened on Sunday.

The Russian Cup tie between Zenit St Petersburg and Spartak Moscow descended into chaos when six red cards were issued after a mass-brawl in stoppage time.

Quincy Promes and Wílmar Barrios began scrapping, which forced the referee to forcibly separate the pair, before players and staff rushed over and, as Anchorman’s Ron Burgundy might say, ‘things escalated quickly.’

Three players from each team were sent off, including two who had already been replaced and and one unused substitute. Zenit went on to win the penalty shootout 4-2.

Show More


The author of what' is dedicated to keeping you up-to-date on the latest news and information.

Related Articles

Back to top button