Tucker Carlson accuses the New York Times of planning to publish a report revealing where his family lives
Tucker Carlson’s Fox News program returned to the air of the news channel on Monday night and saw the anchor attack the New York Times based on suggestions for telling a story about the host and his family.
51-year-old Carlson quit his program and said he very rarely made the story about himself, but would make an exception after hearing that the newspaper was planning to reveal where he and his family lived in Washington DC
“As a matter of journalism, there is no possible justification for such a story,” said Carlson of the proposed story to take place later this week.
Tucker Carlson preemptively dedicated the closing portion of Monday’s show to the New York Times for an upcoming article about his family
51-year-old Tucker Carlson is depicted alongside his 29-year-old wife, Susan Andrews. The couple have four children
The conservative host further claimed that the planned report was based on personal hostility and an aversion to his politics.
“The paper doesn’t claim we did anything wrong and we didn’t do it. We pay our taxes. We love our neighbors. We have not had a dispute with anyone. So why does the New York Times tell a story about the location of my family’s house? Well you know why. To hurt us, to injure my wife and children, so that I will keep my mouth shut and stop disagreeing with them. They believe in strength. We learned that, ”he said.
Carlson noted how the last time his speech was made public, his home was landed by anti-protesters who gathered outside his property after a “left-wing journalist” published his speech.
“They destroyed our house. They threatened my wife. She called 911 while hiding in the closet, “he told viewers. Carlson said the harassment eventually forced the family to sell and move their house.
Carlson noted that the last time his address was published, he and his family moved after the house was destroyed, including with graffiti, pictured above
Carlson showed images of anti-protesters outside his home, pictured in 2018
During the segment, Carlson then identified both the Times journalist and the companion photographer assigned to work on the report.
Carlson said the Times editors “know exactly what will happen to my family if it runs”, but they don’t care because “they want to take my show off the air.”
“If one of my kids gets hurt from a story they wrote, they won’t consider it additional damage – they know this is the whole point of the exercise,” he said. “To hurt our family, to terrorize us, to control what we say. Those are the kind of people they are. ‘
“How would they feel if we told you where they live, if we had pictures of their houses in the air?” Carlson asked with a veiled threat to the Times.
During the segment, Carlson then identified both the Times journalist and the companion photographer assigned to work on the report. The Times said it will not reveal its address
“What if we publish the home address of all the soulless robot editors of The New York Times who assigned and managed this incitement to violence against my family?” he asked.
What about the media editor, Jim Windolf? We could do that. We know who they are. Will that qualify as journalism? ‘
The Times made a statement after Carlson’s comments were broadcast.
While we do not confirm what will or will not be published in future editions, The Times does not intend to reveal any whereabouts of Tucker Carlson’s, which Carlson was aware of prior to tonight’s broadcast.
Monday night, Carlson accused a lawsuit of sexually harassing a frequent female guest, Cathy Areu. Areu can be seen on Tucker Carlson’s show in 2018. She accused the anchor of proposing her for sex on the set of his show in 2018
On his show, the first after he went on a fishing trip last week, Carlson did not speak of the controversy the news network is in.
Monday night, a lawsuit accused him of sexually harassing a frequent female guest.
Cathy Areu, a frequent guest on the network. Areu claims that she sexually harassed several men on the network, including Sean Hannity, Ed Henry and Carlson.
Carlson is said to have introduced her to the set of his show by telling her that he was staying in a hotel room alone. Areu claims that her performances on his show were cut drastically when she declined the invitation.
Blake Neff, who was the best writer for Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show, resigned earlier this month after a number of racist and sexist posts written by him came to light
A spokesman for the network has released a lawsuit statement to DailyMail.com rejecting Areu’s claims and vows to “vigorously” fight them.
It’s not the only scandal that hit Carlson. Earlier this month, the former top writer on his show resigned after CNN discovered he had written a series of racist and revolting tweets under a pseudonym.
Carlson said former writer Blake Neff’s online comments were wrong, but had nothing to do with his show.