NEWSLETTER: & # 39; Do not meddle & # 39 ;: Trump laughs and raises a finger at Putin during sit-dow, telling the Russian not to get involved in the election when the reporter asks him about it
- Trump and Putin held a bilateral meeting in Osaka, Japan on Friday
- A reporter asked if Trump would ask Putin not to interfere in the elections
- Trump said to Putin: & # 39; Don't get involved in the elections, please & # 39;
- He smiled and pointed his finger when he made the request
- Previously the two men talked on their way to a & # 39; family photo & # 39;
- It was their first meeting since the Mueller report
- The report states that Putin has led an election interference campaign
- Trump said in advance that he & # 39; possibly & # 39; would stimulate interference with Putin
- Mueller report: & # 39; The Russian government intervened in a radical and systematic way in the 2016 presidential election & # 39;
President Donald Trump told Russian President Vladimir Putin not to interfere in the elections – with a smile.
The president was asked at the top of a Friday meeting in Japan if he would tell the Russian president not to get involved in the elections – as the Mueller report concludes that Russia did in 2016.
& # 39; Yes of course I will, & # 39; Trump replied.
& # 39; Please do not participate in the elections, please, & # 39; Trump said to Putin, with a smile on his face, turning to the Russian in the midst of talking in a room full of journalists and dignitaries.
& # 39; Do not meddle & # 39 ;, Trump told Russian President Vladimir Putin when asked about election interference at the G20 summit in Osaka on June 28, 2019
& # 39; Don't get involved in the elections, & # 39; repeated Trump.
He smiled at his counterpart when he made the statement.
Earlier, Trump told reporters: & # 39; We have had great meetings. We have had a very good relationship. And we look forward to spending a lot of fun together.
& # 39; A lot of positive things come out of the relationship. So Vladimir, thank you very much, & T 39 said.
The two men shook hands at the top of a meeting
& # 39; A lot of positive things come out of the relationship, & # 39; said Trump
The two men met for the first time since the release of the Mueller report on Friday
The two men sat side by side with a flower arrangement.
Putin only spoke broadly in short comments, and spoke in Russian through a translator.
& # 39; We have not seen each other since the Helsinki meeting & # 39 ;, Putin noted, referring to their summit where Trump took warmth in his own country to say that he accepted Putin's denial of election interference – is contradicted by the assessment by the US intelligence service.
Before his trip to Japan, Trump said that he was allowed to issue Russia's election interference & # 39; to mention.
There was an earlier show of camaraderie, as the two men chatted on their way to a & # 39; family photo & # 39; at the G20 summit here in Osaka.
Trump gently patted Putin on the back on the way to the event, where he stood next to Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman.
The nervousness about election interference contrasts with the deadly serious tone of the Mueller report.
Mueller & # 39; s report concluded after a two-year investigation: & # 39; The Russian government intervened drastically and systematically in the 2016 presidential election. The actions of Russia "favored presidential candidate Donald J. Trump and disregarded presidential candidate Hillary Clinton."
. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail